What were the early 2000's Bullets made out of, Plywood or Basswood? I'm asking about the single humbucker ones. If it's made of basswood, I'll probably pick one up to mod.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Your profile says you have a Gibson Les Paul Studio and you want a Squire bullet?
To mod. And I no longer have the Gibson, I traded it for something else.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
plywood. took mine apart not too long ago. and just curious, what'd you trade your gibson for? what are you going to be doing to this bullet? i just repainted mine.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Replace humbucker, pot, and tuners; maybe I'll do a relic job on it as well. I don't want to buy a Kramer or something like that just to tear it apart.

Edit: Anyone know of any cheap guitars (other then Kramer Aerostars) that come stock with 1 humbucker, and has a Fender body?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Last edited by theacousticpunk at Jul 17, 2009,
I want one with the single humbucker, so that I don't have to buy a separate pickguard.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Quote by theacousticpunk
Replace humbucker, pot, and tuners; maybe I'll do a relic job on it as well. I don't want to buy a Kramer or something like that just to tear it apart.

Edit: Anyone know of any cheap guitars (other then Kramer Aerostars) that come stock with 1 humbucker, and has a Fender body?

You're going to replace the pot, tuners, and pickup, and you don't want to buy a new pickguard?

EDIT: and you no longer have the Gibson Les Paul Studio.. Because you traded it and now you want a Squire Bullet to mod.

I think we're gettin' scammed here somehow.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Jul 17, 2009,
I want a single humbucker strat with Fender style body and pickguard, I've got extra parts, I traded my Gibson for another quality guitar What is so hard to understand about that? And what does it matter to you? I like strats, and the Les Paul had some issues that I didn't have the money to straighten out. Now I have money, and want to mod a guitar to my liking.

Edit: Now, can I get some input from someone who isn't going to act like I'm a troll even though I've been here for 3 years?

Thanks!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Last edited by theacousticpunk at Jul 18, 2009,
Find a Squier '51 if you can. There are entire forums dedicated to modifying them. They used to be like $150 but now they're hard to find and can go a bit higher. Totally worth it though.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Yeah, I'm familiar with them, but I can't find them for less then $200. I've got a tight budget. I'm thinking more copy brands, like Jay Turser or Johnson or something along those lines. By the way, nice SG mods!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Hahaha thanks, dude! Look into FirstAct guitars. They make amazing stuff, it's just set up badly and sold at Wal*Mart so nobody respects them. I got one at their Custom Shop in Boston and it's amazing (or it was until I took the only pickup out for my SG haha). Look for a PW580, I think you'd like it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
They really don't have any strat shapes. And I'm pretty set on the single humbucker design.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Oh, forgot about the Strat shape part. They're mostly single humbucker though. You're probably best off with a bullet. Or maybe a warmoth body? What IS your budget?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Right now, about $100. I've got a pickup, tuners, and pots. Just need a guitar to put em on. I may get the bullet regardless of the plywood body, if I can't find anything with alder or basswood.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120