hey guys, just a question for those more knowledgeable than I. I'm looking to upgrade my amp, and i was looking at the blackstar ht-5. since the amp is basically a version of their ht-dual pedal as the pre-amp, would it be wiser to

A- buy the blackstar ht-5 mini stack

or

B. buy the ht-dual pedal with a roland cube 20?

the roland has onboard fx, so the question is - are there any benefits to running a tube amp over running a tube pedal through a ss amp? thanks guys!

my budget is about 450 bucks, im strictly a bedroom practice guy (just learning), and my current setup is a

schecter c-1 classic w/ a marshall mg 10
Well, most of the 'tube sound' comes from having a tube power amp.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
valve amp will be considerably better than running a valve pedal through ss, as the point of valves is the warmth you cant get with ss, and using a ss amp will take that away from the pedal.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
The HT5 is a very versatile amp with good tone. Hard to beat for the price until you start looking used. Which you should consider as well.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
STABxYOU is right. Tube pedals generally have a preamp tube in them. If you get a tube amp, you will be able to experience power tube distortion, which is what most people rave about. The Blackstar HT-5 is a great choice for a bedroom tube amp.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
thanks guys. i wasnt sure how much tone comes out of the power amp. i've already got an order in (334.00 for the half stack....can't beat that!), but since its backordered, ive had wayyyy too much time to think about it.

and freedomdeceptiv....that guitar deserves a good guitarist first!
So I assume you got the HT5? If so congratulations on your new tube amp!
Listen to Gregs, in the future, buying used can be GREAT. You save a TON of money and can buy something that "new" you might not be able to afford.

+1 Gregs!
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
Quote by Butters8754
So I assume you got the HT5? If so congratulations on your new tube amp!
Listen to Gregs, in the future, buying used can be GREAT. You save a TON of money and can buy something that "new" you might not be able to afford.

+1 Gregs!

well, ive already paid for it.....but its backordered, so i dont have it yet. that seems to be the running consensus is that they're killer amps, and from all the vids and clips ive seen, they're right.

im most certainly not against buying used, but finding a used ht-5 in the states is a test of patience at best. ****, ebay and craigslist are my best friends. thats where i got my guitar! i highly recommend getting any music equipment off craigslist when possible!!
Yeah, I've noticed how popular they are too. How long is it backordered? A week maybe?
That's true, finding Blackstar in America is HARD. At least where I live. (North Carolina)

Good luck!

butters
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head