Hey everyone

Havent been on here in ages but i find myself needing UG's knowledge. What it is is that my girlfriend wants to buy me and electro acoustic for my bday which is great, but i wont let her pay any more than 200 and id prefer if it was less, to save her money. I was just wondering what electro acoustics are the best for that kind of money, obviously im not a expecting anything amazing but id appreciate any help and suggestions. If there was a great guitar you know of for a bit over 200 just say cos ill pay the extra if its worth it.

Thanks
Joe
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
that is a VERY low price for a guitar, even without electronics. at that price, you'll end up with either a bottom end ovation or ibanez, most likely. these aren't good sounding guitars - they're laminate tops with low end electronics. if you're not picky, those are the two brands you're likely to end up with - there's a fender that's not too bad for a pinch more. i wouldn't want to own it, but i'd prefer it over the ones under 200 because it's got a solid top.

if she can go up in price a bit, here's a couple to check out
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20766067&postcount=3
i have an electro acoustic.............. you should seriously get one......... their awesome.............
My first guitar was an electro acoustic Aria- I got that for £195, and that was eight years ago, only recently upgraded to a better guitar. Have a look at their range, i couldn't fault mine.
just to update this thread if anyone cares and also to just let anyone else in this situation know of my findings.

well i went to denmark street on saturday to originally just see which guitars i liked so i could order them online where they would be cheaper of course. i found 2 guitars that were really great but they were both 300 first was a yamaha cpx 500 which was pretty good very nice finish and sound and the built in tuner was a nice feature. the second was a cort sfx 1f which has a brilliant sound and unlike the yamaha has a solid top and also has a great pickup/preamp. I ended up choosing the cort firstly because sound wise it just edged it to be honest and also in wunjo guitars i found one up the back that had a little ding in the back and they had changed one tuner so i managed to get it for 200 with a case, so considering in every other shop it was 300 i was well chuffed with that . Been playing the guitar over the weekend and its everything i was looking for and could of probably hoped for in a guitar of that price. It sounds great unplugged thanks to the solid top and great plugged in also. I would really recomend this guitar to anyone looking in the price range i was looking at. I know i got it for a hundred pounds less but even at 300 i would of still been happy with the guitar.

Oh yeah and i saw the bee gees while i was down there hahaha.
Thanks for all your help and suggestions
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3