Yep I just broke the index finger on my left hand. So I'm asking the pit for anything I could do to kill some time while it heals (aside from playing guitar with 3 fingers). This will give me an excuse to work on my 7 finger tapping but what else would you guys do to make time go by fast?
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
Yep I just broke the index finger on my left hand. So I'm asking the pit for anything I could do to kill some time while it heals (aside from playing guitar with 3 fingers). This will give me an excuse to work on my 7 finger tapping but what else would you guys do to make time go by fast?

Have a good wank ol' chap.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
That sucks. Start playing with your feet.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Django Reinhardt, anyone?
only 2 fingers
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by isabiggles
Have a good wank ol' chap.

Not until tomorrow when my parents leave for a week (unfortunately I still live with my folks )

And I already work more than full time. I'm getting 60 hours a week roughly. But for the remaining 12 hours of the day I would basically just play guitar, eat supper, take a good sh1t and go to bed. But now, I probably won't be playing guitar as much (at least for a few weeks) so I need another activity. Although, I have discovered that a cast works great for barre chords and slides.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Quote by sam_brault
Django Reinhardt, anyone?
only 2 fingers

Well I suppose I could. After all, we are probably related (we have the same last name)
Quote by Geldin
Quote by Unourrit01
add album art to every song on your ipod

Quote by ComradSputnik
organise everything in alphabetical order

dats thinking. surf UG:P in the right mindset the pit is full of hrs of entertainment. or watch movies. of see if u can watch every single episode of family guy! i did when i broke my collar bone. but now i forget some... guess i have ta start again.
I Shit You Not
The funny thing is, it's RARE that anyone casts a finger.
For a phalange(The name for the bone before the finger tip) which is the most common part to break, then it usually depends on how bad the fracture is, it's 99% standard in the world that it's a splint.

If he put you in a full cast, then he must be worried about it migrating or becoming a complete fracture, usually it's in your metacarpal & carpals at that point, even then, it's rare to cast.

All the medical mumbo jumbo aside though...

Fap, Fap, Fap!
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Huffman

dats thinking. surf UG:P in the right mindset the pit is full of hrs of entertainment. or watch movies. of see if u can watch every single episode of family guy! i did when i broke my collar bone. but now i forget some... guess i have ta start again.

Been there done that. Before I started playing guitar, I admit I was just a couch potato. I've seen every single episode of Family Guy, Futurama, Simpsons, Bleach, Death Note, Dragonball/Z/GT, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc.

Quote by Kingyem0c0re
The funny thing is, it's RARE that anyone casts a finger.
For a phalange(The name for the bone before the finger tip) which is the most common part to break, then it usually depends on how bad the fracture is, it's 99% standard in the world that it's a splint.

If he put you in a full cast, then he must be worried about it migrating or becoming a complete fracture, usually it's in your metacarpal & carpals at that point, even then, it's rare to cast.

All the medical mumbo jumbo aside though...

Fap, Fap, Fap!

Well I'm something of a biologist so I know all about human anatomy and I know it's rare to put it in a cast. I asked the doc why he didn't just use a splint and he then showed me the x-ray image. I saw 4 cracks and he said he found a total of 6. So I think it's safe to say I need a bit more than a splint.
Quote by Geldin
Last edited by Junior#1 at Jul 17, 2009,
Ok...
Quote by Junior#1

Break some of your wrist & hand joint bones too?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Last edited by Kingyem0c0re at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by Junior#1

I was going to say to play guitar, but since you already said that then how'd it happen?
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Ok...

Break some of your wrist joints too?

No I was at work. A piece of wood got caught under the wheel of a pallet jack with about 6000 pounds on it. When I moved the piece of wood, I said "ok I got it" so my colleague pulled but my hand got caught under it and the wheel rolled over my finger.
Quote by Geldin
Quote by Junior#1

Eat huge gallons of ice cream and hit on old women.
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Hehe, I broke my middle finger on my right hand a couple weeks ago. Could still play guitar, and it gave me an excuse to flick people off all the time.
Tap Dancing?

Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
how did you break your finger..and how long till it heals?
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Last edited by guitar-guy01 at Jul 24, 2009,
put a slide on ur broken finger and learn slide guitar!
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by KGB_INC
Call of Duty 4.

Trust me.

This.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>