Sorry if theres a sticky on this or something but I couldn't find anything while searching.

I wanted to learn how to tab songs myself, but I've never done it before. Is there like a tutorial or something, or is there some songs that I should start out tabbing that are easy?
Do you mean, to submit?
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
listen to song.
figure it out on guitar/bass/whatever.
write tab.
submit tab.
wait for tab to be accepted.

note that the last 2 steps are entirely optional.

that's about the essence of it... ?
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
i can already see smells like teen spirit, smoke on the water etc.. being submitted <_<
Quote by Carl6661
listen to song.
figure it out on guitar/bass/whatever.
write tab.
submit tab.
wait for tab to be accepted.

note that the last 2 steps are entirely optional.

that's about the essence of it... ?

Thank you for this bit of useless information.

Now if anyone would like to actually help me, please do. Apparently the first guy to reply is confused...I'm not talking about submitting, just like how to make the tab. Maybe there's something easy to start me off.

FYI I already know how to play Smells Like Teen Spirit so that wont do any good.
Quote by apwhitelaw
Thank you for this bit of useless information.

Now if anyone would like to actually help me, please do. Apparently the first guy to reply is confused...I'm not talking about submitting, just like how to make the tab. Maybe there's something easy to start me off.

FYI I already know how to play Smells Like Teen Spirit so that wont do any good.

useless? what on God's earth are you talking about.

well you could have asked in more detail.

what do you actually want help with? you still haven't really said.
how to present a tab? how to figure a song out in the first place? or whatever?
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
useless? what on God's earth are you talking about.

well you could have asked in more detail.

what do you actually want help with? you still haven't really said.
how to present a tab? how to figure a song out in the first place? or whatever?

How to create the tab. Like how to find out how the song is played so I can make a tab for it.
Find the key of the song.
Find the scale that you are going to use.
Figure out the chord progression/pattern.
Start figuring out and matching notes to tab it out.

I hope this helped.
YesterdaysToday's method works for some people. Especially people who are beginning to tab, but already know some theory.

Others (like myself) will just listen to a song, with guitar in hand, and match notes and chords one at a time, and piece by piece the song will come together. I prefer to write a tab as I'm going (normally in Guitar Pro, but sometimes I tab on paper and put into GP later. Whatever method you choose to use - Having a decent ear helps when it comes to matching notes to the song.

listen to song
concentrate on a note
find where note is on guitar based on that string and the fret
write it down
????????
PROFIT!

7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
I think the TS was referring to how to tab on guitar pro i.e. with rhythm etc.

You need to understand basic note values and be able to clap rhythms by ear..lots of websites help with this. Then if you mess around with note values for simple tunes you can work how how notes fit with the right mix of note values rests, ties etc.