Ok, so i want an amp for me that would have the extra stuff like reverb and possibly stuff like delay, etc. It does not need a lot of wattage, only for small bedroom. And cost wise, possibly around 100 or 125 at the most. Also, i will be playing gnr and van halen stuff. Tube amp would be great too. am i asking the impossible? i also played a fender xd tube amp today and loved it it was perfect, but was too many watts and too much money. any ideas?
Gear
Fender MIM hss strat 1997
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
If you want onboard FX on a tube amp, you're going to have to look used for something half-decent. If I were you I would buy a small tube amp, then save up for a delay and reverb pedal.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Look for a used flextone maybe? Small wattage tube amp?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Peavey Vyper?
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by cliff_em_all
Look for a used flextone maybe? Small wattage tube amp?
Not going to happen for less then 125.

Quote by fly135
Vypyr 15 $100
This is exactly what I was thinking.
Gear:
ESP LTD Les Paul (Blackouts)
B.C. Rich Mockingbird (EMG 81/85)
Paul Reed Smith SE Single-Cut (Duncan Pickups)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Duncan Pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Seagull Entourage (Acoustic-Electric)

Marshall JVM210H + 1960A Cab
yeah ive heard of the vypr. i played this fender xd vibro champ simliar to this one, but it was much bigger and had a channel savig thing. this would be exactly what i want, except i wish i could get it cheaper. possible?
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
The Vibro Champ is 5 watts... how is that too many? You may be thinking of the Super Champ XD.

Also, for $100, you're pretty much stuck with the Peavey Vypyr 15. There's no way you're going to find a tube amp for $100 that will do Van Halen or GN'R.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The Vibro Champ is 5 watts... how is that too many? You may be thinking of the Super Champ XD.

Also, for $100, you're pretty much stuck with the Peavey Vypyr 15. There's no way you're going to find a tube amp for $100 that will do Van Halen or GN'R.

Hm. Yeah, i think it was the Super Champ XD. What would I need then tube wise, and how much would it be? Should i just save up and get the Fender Vibro Champ? I hate to spend so much when i'm not in a band or playing gigs or anything. If i was, this thread would not be here.
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
Well, my amp is 50 watts tube, and it's plenty for jamming/shows.

You don't need to gig to have a loud amp, either.

I'm not really sure the Vibro Champ would do GN'R or Van Halen, tbh, the Super Champ would, though (but it's not really a 'tube' amp either)

If you just want a decent practice amp, go with the Vypyr 15. You can always get a louder/better amp later.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
well, i want a really good tube amp, and dont want to spend money on slighly better amps all the time and slowly upgrade, id rather just wait and stick with my behringer until i can get a better one. any other good amps that would be good that arent tube but have amazing sound? thanks for putting up with my never ending questions, no music stores around where i live to ask for advice. i really appreciate you helping me with this
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
The Line 6 Flextone is a great non-tube amp. You can find them used for great prices alot of the time. The Ampeg VH140c is raved about too, but more difficult to find outside of eBay/craigslist.

If you want a really good tube amp that does GN'R and Van Halen you're going to have to spend a bit more... the Peavey Classic 30 comes to mind, as does the Crate Vintage Club series.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by fender--player1
Hm. Yeah, i think it was the Super Champ XD. What would I need then tube wise, and how much would it be? Should i just save up and get the Fender Vibro Champ? I hate to spend so much when i'm not in a band or playing gigs or anything. If i was, this thread would not be here.
The Super Champ XD is 15 watts (2 6V6 tubes in the power amp). The Vibro Champ XD is 5 watts (1 6V6). I have both a Vypyr 15 and a SCXD. I love the Super Champ. I would rather have the Vibro Champ XD at $200 than the Vypyr. The Vibro doesn't have presets.
Is there a solid state amp that can do gnr and van halen?
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
Quote by fender--player1
Is there a solid state amp that can do gnr and van halen?

Not unless you can settle for a cheap apporiximation or are willing to spend $2000.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs