Whats everyone's opinion on the current UFC heavyweight champion??

Heres my story.

I like UFC, im not really balls deep into it like a bunch of people out there, but I do occasionally watch it if im flipping through the channels its on. I like fighting, why not?

Well it just so happend a couple weeks ago I was flipping through, and I got to see big Brock Lesnar fighting UFC...

And i laughed my balls off.

I mean seriously, this guy was a WWE trash talking actor. Fake as hell, and in my opinion had no business being a part of UFC. To my surprise, that night he was fighting for the UFC heavyweight championship.

Kicking back, ready to see Brock get his ass kicked, my world was suddenly stricken with an unbelievable amount of disbelief.

Brock Lesnar won, and I was not at all impressed. I mean really, no way. Upon winning he continued to trash talk and flip off the audience. Something he undoubtedly got use to doing from wrestling. Which is not a regular UFC tradition as it is in wrestling.

So what does everyone else think? And who would everyone like to see go up against Brock?

Ive heard about some russian guy that fights for affliction, I read about somebody on Yahoo that was working his was up to heavyweight (I forgot his name)

But I'd like to see Kimbo fight Brock. Thats def. a fitting match.
All week Mir was talking shit about Lesnar while Lesnar kept quiet. When Lesnar punched his squirmy little face in he let him know about it.

I think he said 'let's hear you talk **** now.'

Fair enough with me. If Mir wants to talk crap all week then he better expect to get some back when he gets thrown around like a little bitch.
Whats everyone's beef with Brock Lesnar? Because he came into UFC after 1 MMA fight and owned everyone. I realize he got owned by Mir in that first fight, but he also beat Randy Couture for the Heavyweight title. The whole flipping everyone off thing he apologized for (pretty much because Dana White told him to). I can't wait to see him and Fedor go at it at some point.

P.S. If Brock fights Kimbo....Lesnar wins in the first minute.
Quote by timo1
I used to go on the computer in the morning and look up 'naked female breasts' on Google.
It came up with a picture of a duck
i don't like him but i cant deny that he is good. Frank Mir couldn't do anything against him. I'd like to see him fight Fedor. I'm pretty sure Fedor would win. Also, i think that there is an mma thread.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
I know this sounds dumb of me, because UFC is all about fighting to win.

But I just dont see Lesnar as a good fighter. Hes just bulky and strong. Built like a wrestler. Hes an aggressive fighter, yeah, but a good fighter??

Hes just to.. "unsportsman" for me.
Lesnar had such a big advantage in size on Mir, it wasnt a surprise that he lost at all. He also made himself look like a dick after the fight. However, Lesnar will lose to either Shane Carwin, a fighter who has similar size and wrestiling skills or Fedor Emelianenko, considered the best pound for pound fighter.
"See the Glory Of the Royal Scam"
Quote by Vypor

But I just dont see Lesnar as a good fighter. Hes just bulky and strong. Built like a wrestler. Hes an aggressive fighter, yeah, but a good fighter??

Lesnar finished his amateur career as a two-time NJCAA All-American, 1998 NJCAA Heavyweight Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion, and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion with a record of 106–5 overall in four years of college.

???
Quote by Vypor

Yeah that's heavyweight pretty much.. you should probably watch the lower weight divisions.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
???

Exactly, Lesnar is a hell of a fighter and probably one of the best wrestlers in the UFC today, if not THE best. He runs his mouth and can be a douche, yeah, but it's fighting not a soap opera. I watch it to see two men go at it, with the best man winning. Brock has consistently done that and he has my respect for it, I could care less about someone's attitude.

Wrestling>all
As far as flipping off the fans goes he was being booed and he had just won so I can understand he'd be a bit mad about it. And im inclined to agree it was a pretty bunk fight but ive seen way worse.
To be honest the ufc's heavyweight division has gone to **** and it never really was good to begin with its all about ppv sales something brock lesnar brings. Id like to see him fight cro-cop (doubt it will ever go down).
Also, I think Dana White (UFC owner) is a hypocrite for letting Kimbo into the UFC after talking so much ****. He's starting to capitalize on publicity after he has said that Kimbo would get his ass beat into a hospital and preaching the integrity of his fighters. Now he is cashing in on Lesnar's antics/popularity and the Kimbo phenomenon. Anyone else think this guy is an ass?
"See the Glory Of the Royal Scam"
Quote by Dchild042
Also, I think Dana White (UFC owner) is a hypocrite for letting Kimbo into the UFC after talking so much ****. He's starting to capitalize on publicity after he has said that Kimbo would get his ass beat into a hospital and preaching the integrity of his fighters. Now he is cashing in on Lesnar's antics/popularity and the Kimbo phenomenon. Anyone else think this guy is an ass?

Yes, Dana White is a disgusting and vile individual who exploits the hard work and dedication of others for his own self serving greed.
Yes, Dana White is a disgusting and vile individual who exploits the hard work and dedication of others for his own self serving greed.

You mean a businessman. And to be fair he did mock the sh*t out of kimbo but he even said after he lost the only way he'd let him in the ufc is if he tried out for the TuF and won...And i can just about guarantee he'll lose.
Shane Carwin is going to murder brock. And if he somehow doesn't Fedor will.
Get back in the house and take your I'm-so-old-I'm-gonna DAMN-DIE-pills!
-Early Cuyler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

R.I.P. Dael Moore
Quote by Toqueface
You mean a businessman. And to be fair he did mock the sh*t out of kimbo but he even said after he lost the only way he'd let him in the ufc is if he tried out for the TuF and won...And i can just about guarantee he'll lose.

Yes, Dana White is the perfect business man, which is why I hate him so much.
Quote by thejoel3
Shane Carwin is going to murder brock. And if he somehow doesn't Fedor will.

I cant wait. Im just going to be blunt. I dont like him, and whether hes a good fighter or not, I'd like to see him get his ass kicked.
Quote by Vypor
I mean seriously, this guy was a WWE trash talking actor. Fake as hell, and in my opinion had no business being a part of UFC. To my surprise, that night he was fighting for the UFC heavyweight championship.

So we're lumping him in with Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, and Tank Abbot? Because, clearly, pro wrestling is 100% acting requires and zero toughness or athleticism. Anyone can perform 300 nights a year, but fighting for five minutes once every other month is only for the hardest of hardcore.

Quote by Vypor
Upon winning he continued to trash talk and flip off the audience. Something he undoubtedly got use to doing from wrestling..

Or he did it once in wrestling. Ever.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Jul 17, 2009,
I was so high when I watched that fight I only remember him pounding the guy on the ground at the end of it.
Quote by Toqueface
As far as flipping off the fans goes he was being booed and he had just won so I can understand he'd be a bit mad about it. And im inclined to agree it was a pretty bunk fight but ive seen way worse.
To be honest the ufc's heavyweight division has gone to **** and it never really was good to begin with its all about ppv sales something brock lesnar brings. Id like to see him fight cro-cop (doubt it will ever go down).

I dont think that Cro-Cop would do very well. I think that his time in the sun is up. OUr hopes have to rest on the winner of the Carwin vs. Velasquez fight (carwin). And Fedor's last contracted fight with Affliction is on Aug 1st, let's hope that the UFC gets him and we get to watch Fedor choke Brock's lights out.
Get back in the house and take your I'm-so-old-I'm-gonna DAMN-DIE-pills!
-Early Cuyler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

R.I.P. Dael Moore