Hello all.

I've been looking at the homemade sustainers people have been making here: http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=16984 Most of it is self explanatory I know but I don't have that good of an electronics background. The biggest problem I'm facing is ruby/fetzer preamp. I know it has a schematic but I really don't know where and what parts to get and how to assemble them on a circuit board. I'd prefer to get them all on one site or if they have all the parts at Radioshack that would be fine also.

One other question, when winding the driver, how do you measure the ohm reading if the coil is still attached to the spindle? Does that effect the reading at all?

Anyways, I know you're probably going to say "why don't you just ask on Projectguitar?" And the answer is because I've seen all my questions appear over there and they are never answered. Also, hopefully if I complete it, I'll be more than happy to create a How-To for the less electronically adept people like me.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
I found that tutorial as well and it is good.I looked at making my own and for the time and labour involved and then trying to make it look nice is too much work. just buy a Fernandes Sustainer they are awesome. I have 2 one on a Fernandes Revell DK, and the other on a Fernandes retro rocket.
MARSHALL: AVT 2000, MARSHALL: JTM 200 MARSHALL MAJOR 1969, LINE 6: POD X3 LIVE, VARIAX 600, VARIAX 700, GIBSON: FIREBIRD V,FERNANDES: REVELLE DK, FERNANDES: RETRO ROCKET PRO, BOSS: RC 50 loop station
Quote by Clinical Notes
I found that tutorial as well and it is good.I looked at making my own and for the time and labour involved and then trying to make it look nice is too much work. just buy a Fernandes Sustainer they are awesome. I have 2 one on a Fernandes Revell DK, and the other on a Fernandes retro rocket.

some people just want to be able to say they made it, which is why im going to make one one day.

are you meaning you are looking for a diagram of what parts to go where for the preamp? if so, im sure there is a premade board for it somewhere, it's a very popular thing to build, and i KNOW at some point i googled and found a diagram.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Well, to be honest I kind of want it to be labor intensive. It's summer and I have nothing better to do. I already have a crappy humbucker that I was going to turn one on the coils into the driver. I know a pickup is very different from the driver I just figure it would be a good starting base. Also, it says to put the bridge pickup into the In of the preamp. Then how do you use the bridge pickup while the sustainer is on. This is going on my LP with the standard 2 humbucker setup.

EDIT: I've searched for about 3 hours for another simpler diagram but I haven't found anything really. Also, Ive looked somewhat for a kit or a pre-made one and have only found tube ones. I would actually prefer to buy a kit or a pre-made one.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Last edited by AgresiveNapkins at Jul 17, 2009,