how much and where can i get one?
Quote by shadesofanger
Wait...Fat is a trend? I am soooooo getting into this trend now.

BLINK 182=EPIC WIN

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Allen wrench (hex tool) which can be found at any hardware store.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
allen wrench u probably already have one
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by jtkguitar
1/8 of a turn at time...eyeball down the neck and mind the bow..

You're thinking of trussrod adjustment. You shouldn't be adjusting action with the trussrod. And you don't look down the neck- the better way is to fret the first and last fret, and measure the distance between the string and the 7th fret.
yes you get gets a set of allen keys for >£2, allthough cheap ones are bad for rounding themselves off, you're better with more quality ones if you can afford it.

oh i have a related Q;

short of sticking the allen key in the hole, how do you know whether it's metric or imperial? are there any rules-of-thumb as to brands, date of manufacture etc.?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
normally the packaging will say what the measurement type is, and mark which allen keys are which size.

sorry, I meant 'how do you know whether the bolts in the guitar's bridge are metric or imperial?'
If you take your bass to a hardware store there's a pretty good chance that a employee would let you find out ... there's bound to be allen wrenches around unpackaged.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You're thinking of trussrod adjustment. You shouldn't be adjusting action with the trussrod. And you don't look down the neck- the better way is to fret the first and last fret, and measure the distance between the string and the 7th fret.

I guess all of those adjustments I did that came out perfect were wrong!!!??..NOT!!!!

You cannot adjust the action at the bridge without changing the position of the neck or the first five frets, and generally the frets past the 12th will buzz...and it's not the first and last fret...its the first and eleventh fret and then check the 7th...(but this is really more for acoustic guitar)
...eyeballing the neck will allow you to physically "SEE" the direction the bow in neck is moving...some truss rods move opposite of others...I have done so many action setups that I could do them in my sleep....NEXT!
Quote by jtkguitar
I guess all of those adjustments I did that came out perfect were wrong!!!??..NOT!!!!

You cannot adjust the action at the bridge without changing the position of the neck or the first five frets, and generally the frets past the 12th will buzz...and it's not the first and last fret...its the first and eleventh fret and then check the 7th...(but this is really more for acoustic guitar)
...eyeballing the neck will allow you to physically "SEE" the direction the bow in neck is moving...some truss rods move opposite of others...I have done so many action setups that I could do them in my sleep....NEXT!

Relief =/= action. Relief is independant of action. It is indeed the 1st and last fret you use, and measure the distance at the 7th fret. I quote from the Warwick manual:

"A neck is setup correctly if it has a slight forward bow. You can easily verify this by pressing the lowest string at the 1st and last fret and measuring the distance between the fret and the string at the 7th fret: it should read between 0.6 and 1mm. This value is independant from the action (height) setup of each individual string."

You should NEVER attempt to adjust action with your trussord. It is for relief. Relief is NOT action. I too have done many setups, and have been taught so by a rather established luthier.

Yes, to do a setup, you should first do the relief- but when it's minor adjustments, there really is no need to. And yes, looking down the neck will let you see which direction it is moving, but not HOW FAR it has moved. There's no point looking if you need to measure it anyways.