I'm just wondering if it would be possible to mount a TOM bridge on my Squier. My plan was to put the bridge in front of the whole for the pre-existing trem, then put the tailpiece behind it. My main question is whether or not the bridge piece would fit...I was probably gonna go with the one from Guitar Fetish, seeing as they're cheap and I've had good experiences with them. Here's the bridge: http://store.guitarfetish.com/vistabbrwisc.html They don't have specs on it that I can find, but I figure I can cut the pickguard a little if needed. Aside from those who think this would look horrible (I'm okay with that, its my beater guitar), are there any reasons it wouldn't work? Also, would it be worth it to fill the hole? I'd like to avoid it, seeing as I don't know how to..but if needed, I'll consider it.

Thanks all,
-Chris
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

It won't work. The scale will be incorrect if you put the ToM in front of the existing bridge position, you could fill in the old routing and then re-route it for a ToM but that woudl be a huge job to do right, the guitar would then require a refinish, and even then it still wouldn't work because ToM bridges require the neck pocket to be angled and your Strat body has a straight neck pocket.

Those are only the few problems that pring to mind first, there are many more after that too.

So no, you can't do it, at all. The only way it would work is if you complete remade the body and neck, i.e. made a whole new guitar from scratch.

www.warmoth.com can make you a Strat body made for a ToM and stopbar bridge, but it's going to cost you quite a bit, plus you'd need a new neck to go with it too.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Damn...well thanks for saving me all that trouble...What would be my best option then?

Quote by bogg808

If your heart is set on a Tune-O-Matic Strat, Warmoth is pretty much the only way to get that these days. The problem with Warmoth is you have to put it together yourself - which can obviously go very wrong if you don't know what you're doing - and also it can wind up being quite expensive, as their parts are made to the same standards as American-made Fenders.

If you simply want a Strat with a hard tail bridge (i.e. getting rid of the vibrato your Strat currently has), what you could do is simply open the back of the guitar and screw in the spring tension screws of the bridge until the bridge is firmly in against the body of the guitar. Basically you tighten the tension until the bridge won't move. It won't sustain as well as a proper fixed bridge, but at least the lack of movement means tuning stability will be greatly increased.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
...What?^

Quote by bogg808

I think he was sposed to say strats suck dick. But on topic Mr Flibble hit the nail on the head really.
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
It's not TOM, but the Ry Cooder and Billy Corgan Strats have non-tremolo bridges. But again, that's even more costly than a warmoth.
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by lunaticfringe93
It's not TOM, but the Ry Cooder and Billy Corgan Strats have non-tremolo bridges. But again, that's even more costly than a warmoth.

Warmoth stuff ain't cheap.. It's good stuff though.
You need a hardtail Strat body, without any trem routing and you'll either need a string thru tail and low profile TOM or angle the neck back for a standard TOM.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2