so i was looking at some info on the new billy talent CD and i noticed that it wasn't released in America. it's pretty much in all of Asia Europe and Canada but it's not in the USA. There really popular out here and a lot of my friends from the USA don't know who they are. I know Canada and the USA arn't allowed broadcasting each others content on radio stations and stuff, but do a lot of artist avoid going to both countries? Or is it just bad reciving?

edit: i relize the huge bands and stars do, but there massive in europe and canada but completly unkown in the usa

edit2: there is a law in canada where american content has to be brodcasted to a minamium on all radios and tv stations.
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Last edited by wesleyisgay at Jul 17, 2009,
You're not allowed to listen to US music on Canadian radio?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
You're not allowed to listen to US music on Canadian radio?

we are but there is some kind of law which makes it to a minimum. if to much is brodcasted the radio company can be charged.
Quote by iantheman

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

sorry
What are you getting at? Avril Lavigne is Canadian. Bare Naked Ladies are Canadian, Sum 41 are Canadian. We get them on our radios all the time here in America.
Quote by crazy8rgood
What are you getting at? Avril Lavigne is Canadian. Bare Naked Ladies are Canadian, Sum 41 are Canadian. We get them on our radios all the time here in America.

that's excatly my question. billy talent is just as large as them but there just not seen at all in the usa.
Quote by iantheman

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

sorry
The edge plays stuff like the Foo Fighters and Green Day all the time. Besides, who hasn't heard of Billy Talent?
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by wesleyisgay
we are but there is some kind of law which makes it to a minimum. if to much is brodcasted everybody might move down south.

Fixed

Edit: ^Who's Billy Talent?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by wesleyisgay
I know Canada and the USA arn't allowed broadcasting each others content on radio stations and stuff,

Where do you get that from? By that logic, Metallica, Megadeth, Hendrix, Clapton, Lynyrd skynyrd, and many other bands are all completely Canadian.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by wesleyisgay
that's excatly my question. billy talent is just as large as them but there just not seen at all in the usa.

Because he's not that big in the USA.

Just that "Fallen Leaves" song, and that was only really big amongst the wanna-be scene kids.
I think most people in the US have heard of them , I guess they just never caught on here.