So currently I own a pretty crapp Monteray Strat style knockoff...
Know I figure there's no point selling it - it's not really worth much

But I am interested in learning how to customize guitars so I was thinking I might order some Guitar Fetish parts and have a go at modifying it - Since there's no way I'm touching my LP or RR3.

The guitar in question has a maple fretboard and neck I think? Standard 6 tuners om the headstock...I think its like a squier type bridge - never used the trem.

Currently I'm thinking of putting in:

*New Tuners
*New Pickups
*Possibly new bridge - Not a floyd...Single/Double locking?

I'm looking for a more rock kind of orientated instrument ie. Clapton, Hendrix, Gilmour etc

So far I'm thinking:

Pickguard

or would this suit me better

Tuners

Thanks guys

Also has anyone got any guides on replacing pickups/tuners and I'm assuming I'll need a soldering iron and screwdrivers - Much else?

Budget is about $100-$150 US - I can probably strech a bit further
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Last edited by hendrixftw at Jul 17, 2009,
i ordered a power rail pick up from guitar fetish and it is pretty awesome i also got the tuners and they are good aswell. the pick ups from GF come with a good wiring chart and tuners are pretty simple to change. same with pots. i have never changed a bridge though. the bridge might not fit perfect and you will have to modify it some more.
Quote by sbinlb
i ordered a power rail pick up from guitar fetish and it is pretty awesome i also got the tuners and they are good aswell. the pick ups from GF come with a good wiring chart and tuners are pretty simple to change. same with pots. i have never changed a bridge though. the bridge might not fit perfect and you will have to modify it some more.

Yeah I'm just thinking of leaving the bridge for now - save it for another day
Because it might require routing...I don't know
The gear:

* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
bump...anyone?
The gear:

* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
tuners and bridge will keep it in tune. you wanna do that first and see if you really like this thing. if you like it, you might consider something really nice for the pickups. you might not notice how the neck feels till you play it for 15min. on ebay you can usually pickup MIM MIJ MIA loaded pickguards relatively cheap.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.