Im Split between DiMarzio D-Activator and the D-Activator X to put in the bridge of my RR3. The X has an output rating of 500 while the D- Activator is 470. But there were only sound clips available for the D-Activator, so I have turned to UG.

Amp- B52 AT112
Guitar- Jackson RR3 (Alder)
Sound- Vintage- Modern Heavy Metal. Metallica, Quiet Riot, Judas Priest, Maiden, Sabbath, Diamond Head, Rammstein, Papa Roach, Disturbed, Trapt, etc.
Looking for- High output, Great distortion, decent cleans, good, sustain. Be able to play above artists.

Any help is much appreciated
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Are you still trying to decide????

I'd recommend the D Activator... its more versatile.

Somehow the D Activator X seems more rhythmn and chugga chugga oriented.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I love my DAX, and it has good cleans, but I'm sure the regular D Activator would be much more versatile, being lower output.

However, you may get along better with a Super Distortion, Tone Zone, or Breed, as the D Activator series are very bright pickups, and going in a bright guitar they can be a bit shrill (the D Activator X has less high end than the regular DA though, which is why it's not SO bad in my guitar).
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by ragingkitty
Are you still trying to decide????

I'd recommend the D Activator... its more versatile.

Somehow the D Activator X seems more rhythmn and chugga chugga oriented.

this ^

I found the X to have less clarity, despite the high-end, although Shin makes a good point about the guitar it's going into (my experience was through a GLP... not an overly bright instrument by any stretch of the imagination).