UG: years ago you helped me find tabs to my favorite songs, now I beg you to help me find a good laptop in my struggles against homework. I regret that I am unable to give out more information than that I don't want to spend more than 1500$ but I am a little tired and my last thread failed. Help me UG, you're like... the only ones that can help me and stuff?

P.S. this is actually a serious thread.
dont buy a mac
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
ive had my hp pavillion for two years without a single hardware problem.

if you have ever considered gaming, dont waste your money on a mac.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by courtkid1012
Macbook. Strato don't no nothing.

because i think macbooks are a big waste of money?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
No Macbook.
Falcon Northwest
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
Anything works as long as you have a fast enough processor and enough ram and a good graphics card and everything. So next time I would pick all those out, but when I bought my dell I didnt know about any of that stuff, but so far its worked great.
get a macbook.

i have had nothing but bad experiences with comanies like Toshiba, HP, etc. if you get a PC get Sony Vaio, but you won't like it as much as a Macbook.
Quote by ShallowEndings
You can play them but they can't do compete with a high range graphics card, due to the fact you can't change it.

who the hell told you that?
Quote by Strato-Massacre
because i think macbooks are a big waste of money?

you'd be wrong then. there aren't any laptops that compete with them at the same price. the only company that offers similar capabilities at the same price is HP. HP's downfall is that
a) they can't build a laptop for ****, the only thing they do right is desktops
b) there customer service is absolutely bottom of the barrel. all there service agents are outsourced, whereas apple's service agents are all here in north america, and the quality of the service has a near unblemished record. check their ratings.

macs also don't get viruses or spyware. no matter how hard you try to keep a pc virus free, eventually it WILL happen because so many viruses come out all the time that the antivirus software is never totally up to date.

TS i advise you to get a mac based on my own experiences. I had PC's for 14 years of my life, all broke down within 3 years except my very first IBM aptiva which is still running. after my last HP broke (it was a laptop, and i had to keep it on a base fan to keep it from crashing every 5 minutes, i took it off the fan for a few hours and it melted its RAM. it was totally bricked, so i went out and bought a mac and have never been happier with a computer.) the mac also cost me LESS than the HP, so don't fall for that whole "mac premium" crap because it simply doesn't exist.

Quote by ShallowEndings
You think that a macs graphics card (unsure of model number, 256mb ) wouldn't be as good as say what those alien laptops have?

no arguments there, alienware make brilliant gaming computers, but they are very expensive. macs aren't gaming computers though so its not much of a comparison. but hell, if you can afford an alien computer I'd get it.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 17, 2009,
Get a Windows computor, preferably one with Vista, or wait for Windows 7 to come out. I personally can't stand Macs and every person I met with a Macbook has an ego worse than Bono
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

no arguments there, alienware make brilliant gaming computers, but they are very expensive. macs aren't gaming computers though so its not much of a comparison. but hell, if you can afford an alien computer I'd get it.

Wouldn't they be around the price of what TS's maximum is? There like $3000 here, assuming you live in the U.S, that'd be like 13-1400.. I wanted one, but thats a bit to much for me. So it was a dell studio or macbook. As much as i wanted artwork on the cover, the mac won. They look so awesome, and the dock is delicious.
Quote by Zugunruhe

if you have ever considered gaming, dont waste your money on a mac.

So wrong. MBP has a hybrid 9400/9600GT. Just install Windows and you're good to go.

Quote by breadstick
Stay away from ASUS.

The hell are you talking about? Asus one of the best PC's.

Alienware, Dell, and Sony are the worst.

So here's my pick from best to ok:
1. MacBook (just the regular one if you're doing general work. Cheaper for a Mac, but still luxurious.)
2. Asus (if you are a die-hard pc guy, then get this. They make decent gaming laptops for a normal price).
3. HP Pavillion (if you want to save a little bit of money and has subpar standards for laptops, then get this).

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jul 17, 2009,