So I had a thread a while back, about installing a humbucker in my tele, and all that. I decided that I would rather not spend a couple hundred bucks routing out/buying a new bridge/HB.

I'm now looking into higher output (not metal) bridge pickups, but I dont really know what to look for in that area. Again, Im not looking for a metal sound, just something with a bit more bite. Can be a regular SC, or a rail, or whatever. Any suggestions would be great!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
you can get stacked pickups which are humbuckers in a single coil size.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Haven't heard great things about stacked pups.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65

thats usually because people think that they aren't true single coil tone. In all reality most of them wouldn't even notice the (very small and slight) difference anyways.

that being said

Dimarzio Super Distortion T
Dimarzio Tone Zone T

both sound good. I prefer the super distortion because it is more pleasant sounding to me.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by dcdossett65

Me neither, but most people on this forum say tons of stuff without ever trying them. Stacked pups sounds like singles like crazy but no hum. They're not like a cross between humbuckers and singles although they seem to be. They're way more single coil than people put them out to be. plus you can coil tap if you want. I say SD Hot Rails. My personal favorite single coil pickup. I have never heard anything better. Great single coil sound that's good for a lot of genres. Versatile, high gain but clean on clean channels, and tappable again if you want.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
Me neither, but most people on this forum say tons of stuff without ever trying them. Stacked pups sounds like singles like crazy but no hum. They're not like a cross between humbuckers and singles although they seem to be. They're way more single coil than people put them out to be. plus you can coil tap if you want. I say SD Hot Rails. My personal favorite single coil pickup. I have never heard anything better. Great single coil sound that's good for a lot of genres. Versatile, high gain but clean on clean channels, and tappable again if you want.

I really dislike the hot rails. I never recommend them because I just think that they are a waste of money.

to me it is not articulate and gets real muddy real quick. I just don't like anything about it what so ever.

but its cool that it works for you
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I've got a tele with a hot rails and i like it alot. it doesn't sound the greatest on it's own but in the middle postion it really compliments the neck pickup. And just enuff heat to get some sweet tube breakup. Kick on some distortion and i can get that a killer Judas priest tone. Hey it's not the greatest..........but it's Not terrible.
Lace Sensor. I have both the light blue and burgundy in my parts-o-caster. They make just about any output you could want.