So I've just started compiling a list of parts for my Squier '51 mod and found a Hipshot 6-string fixed bridge. Link

I was just wondering if this'd fit with no implications. No drilling or routing or anything. The only drilling I think I might have to do is through the back so it'd be string-through, but I'm not super certain about that.

If anyone can provide me with an answer, it'd be wonderful.

Thanks UG
Most bridges are either Fender or Gibson style and most aftermarket brigges can be installed on pretty much any bass except a hollow body design that has a tail piece or tremolo bridge
Founding Member and President of UG Geezer Guild
Last edited by SoundManMike at Jul 17, 2009,
pretty much all bass guitars excluding certan styles as i mentioned or an upright or acoustic.
I think soundmanmike thinks you're using a bass or something... Anyways, whether you can easily put that hipshot on depends on what type of bridge you have on now. Is it a tremolo or a hardtail?
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Quote by salsawords
I think soundmanmike thinks you're using a bass or something... Anyways, whether you can easily put that hipshot on depends on what type of bridge you have on now. Is it a tremolo or a hardtail?

I think so too.

It's a hardtail. It's pretty cheap at that as well. I'm hoping it'll help with my action as well since I'm having problems with keeping it high enough to not buzz in the saddle and zero-out on the fret.

But I think I'm going to ditch the hipshot and go with some GFS stuff. It's tons cheaper: http://store.guitarfetish.com/topmohabrfit1.html
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I think so too.

It's a hardtail. It's pretty cheap at that as well. I'm hoping it'll help with my action as well since I'm having problems with keeping it high enough to not buzz in the saddle and zero-out on the fret.

But I think I'm going to ditch the hipshot and go with some GFS stuff. It's tons cheaper: http://store.guitarfetish.com/topmohabrfit1.html

The only thing about GFS parts is that they're cheaply made. There's mixed reviews of them, but if you just need something works you could get it.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Actually Ya, I was talking about a bass... DERR bassist mentality... sorry bout that LOL

but the same is pretty much true for treble guitar too it is either Gibson, Fender Strat or tele and Bigsby tremolos for semi acoustic guitars.