Poll Options
View poll results: What should I get?
Cello
58 43%
Drum Set
77 57%
Voters: 135.
Page 1 of 2
Tomorrow is my 18th birthday so I'll probably be getting more birthday money than usual and I can't decide what to use that money on, drums or a cello. I've always wanted to play cello but I couldn't afford it so I played violin instead. But on the other hand I'd really like a drum set to mess around on.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Last edited by 2 15/16 at Jul 17, 2009,
a Yamaha synth.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
A drum would be something different since you already know violin, but I would vote cello only because I love it so much.
You're killing me Smalls!
Quote by shattamakkar
OMG ARE THOSE WAT I THINK THEY ARE!
drums.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by DirtyMakik
a Yamaha synth.

I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Drums. They're much more versatile and depending on your music style, probably more practical
Quote by DirtyMakik

THSAT WASQ MPY SKLUUUL`:PL IM'UH SOPI WASATEDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

The Dr. Pepper Group
Cello sounds awesome, but I've heard it's extremely hard to play. Plus drums would probably be a lot more useful. I vote drums, but it's close.
kill all humans
Cello cause you can make music with it
Quote by bluesrocker101
Hmm, you might just be my favorite Oct. 06er.

Quote by acdc51502112
agreed

Quote by DirtyMakik
a Yamaha synth.

Already have a keyboard with synth settings. If i'd get anything like that I'd get a keytar and be all badass like Breathe Carolina and stuff
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
i would get the cello. i think they sound pretty.

EDIT! HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Last edited by Fenderhippie69 at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by 2 15/16
Already have a keyboard with synth settings. If i'd get anything like that I'd get a keytar and be all badass like Breathe Carolina and stuff

PSR/PSS series?

lol.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Send me your violin, I want to learn how to play.

And drums.

This cello I'm looking at comes with a free purple violin so maybe...
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
One word: Apocalyptica
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

Totally necessary, as I love purple.

So do I so I might have to part with my old one

EDIT: Thanks fenderhippie
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Last edited by 2 15/16 at Jul 17, 2009,
$50-$70 a month? do tell please
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by 2 15/16
$50-$70 a month? do tell please

Cello strings get dirty quickly and cost quite alot to replace, ontop of that you have to keep the bow maintained and kept at the proper tension (cello/violin bows are quite fragile) and you'll probably need a humidifier depending on where you live to keep it in good condition.
Cello...

Chicks dig the cello.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
I am honestly really glad I didn't see every response say something like "zOmG teh Cellos is 4 teh pussiez!"

Pit...some days you actually make me proud.

On topic, however, I would honestly go with a Cello, because you know you already like to play stringed instruments.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Quote by Perfection 101
One word: Apocalyptica

I concur with this man, also one of the best answers I've seen in the pit that doesn't include rape, fapping, or ****ing Narnia
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

You earned your name, pal.
It all comes down to what you want people to think of you.

Do you want to be considered a musician or a neanderthal?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
It all comes down to what you want people to think of you.

Do you want to be considered a musician or a neanderthal?

No, it comes down to do I wanna beat something or do I wanna play some that can make a girl ice her panties..... think about it
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

I'm gonna have to say cello, but being a cellist myself i might be a bit biased.

EDIT: And being a cellist (not professional, just play in a high-level school orchestra), i can say that i do not pay $50-$70 a month.

If you're super-anal about it, you can get a humidifier. The bows aren't that difficult to take care of. Most of them are fiberglass and they won't snap like a twig. Strings do wear down but i only replace mine when they break which doesn't happen too often.
Last edited by Pac_man0123 at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by XianXiuHong
Cello strings get dirty quickly and cost quite alot to replace, ontop of that you have to keep the bow maintained and kept at the proper tension (cello/violin bows are quite fragile) and you'll probably need a humidifier depending on where you live to keep it in good condition.

I'd just probably get a dampit like I have for my violin. I already know about proper bow care because you learn a few things after playing violin for 7 years. My violin strings have lasted quite a while but cello strings probably wear a bit quicker.

And to the guy that mentioned Narnia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEum4kO88LE
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
^ thank you for that laugh.
Quote by Union Jake
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

Quote by badassasaurus
^ thank you for that laugh.

Not a problem. The Lonely Island is amazing and I wanted a b-day laugh
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Washboard.

or a Theramin.
"I've said it like 30 times in a row" - Barry Johnson and the Funky Bunch
Quote by DontFightTheFoo
Washboard.

or a Theramin.

The only one of those I've seen is at blue lake fine arts camp. they are pretty sweet though.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by 2 15/16
The only one of those I've seen is at blue lake fine arts camp. they are pretty sweet though.

You don't how to play a theremin and can build one for fifty bucks. Anyway, drums since I feel they help people be better at guitar.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Page 1 of 2