Page 1 of 2
I mean, there isn't anything wrong with metal. I, myself, write things a bit on the heavier side, but why do they go around bashing every other genre and act like metal is the supreme ruler of music?

Personally, I take a heavy influence from jazz and incorporate it into songs.
Any metal-head would be "THAT **** SUCKS IT ISNT FAST BLAHBLAH"

And I'd get bashed for liking Jonathan Kreisberg's musicianship and not worshiping Kerry King because he tremolo pick really fast.

What I'm asking is why do you think metalheads see there music as "superior" to any other music, and are so close-minded to any other genre?

Just something I want to discuss, because I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.
Quote by CGunn73
Because their heads are made of metal
Metal=Hard

This

/thread
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
I dont know a combination of teenage angst, high tesosterone/sex drives combined with a lack of sex, negative aggressive musical influence and general young musician obnoxiousness.
Im not.

I love metal.
I like alternative.
I even like some pop punk
I like jazz
I like classical
I like hip-hop
I like experimental stuff
I like punk
I like blues
I like folk
I like reggae
I like ska.
I've even been getting into electronic latey.
Quote by CGunn73
Metal=Hard

This.

I didn't even get to post 2 minutes late and gripe about it either..
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
I saw these responses coming a mile away.

I'm inclined to think this is going to become a flame fest, and it should probably be closed to save innocent teenagers from getting their feelings hurt...
Quote by Hangar_18
I mean, there isn't anything wrong with metal. I, myself, write things a bit on the heavier side, but why do they go around bashing every other genre and act like metal is the supreme ruler of music?

Personally, I take a heavy influence from jazz and incorporate it into songs.
Any metal-head would be "THAT **** SUCKS IT ISNT FAST BLAHBLAH"

And I'd get bashed for liking Jonathan Kreisberg's musicianship and not worshiping Kerry King because he tremolo pick really fast.

What I'm asking is why do you think metalheads see there music as "superior" to any other music, and are so close-minded to any other genre?

Just something I want to discuss, because I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.

They aren't metalheads, they're idiots.
TS, you are an idiot.

You had it coming with a title like that..
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
I don't like metal. But you're right. my friends are getting into metal, which isn't like them. This is a conversation

Them: Listen to this, it's good.
Me: Ok *listens*
Them: Isn't it awesome?
Me: No, I don't like it.
Them: You're so narrow minded. Why don't you accept Metal!
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
you can suck it if you think thats how we think. most metal incorporates elements from other music like jazz and classical. you cant make such a lame generalization about all metalheads because of some perpetuated false stereotype. your the one whos closed minded.

EDIT: you have every reason not to like metal btw, im not gonna bash on anyone for what they like (unless its something like fall out boy, then i lose all respect for you)
Last edited by freedomdeceptiv at Jul 17, 2009,
well i love metal, and i don't really have much against other genres, i just don't listen to them. i enjoy listening to jazz and classical too. its just some metal heads that try to be trve and kvlt who are metal heads because of the image.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
i like metal the most most of the time but i pretty much like everything
except hardcore country and raps that say the same line over again all song
I like mostly metal but I also like anything that sounds good provided the artist writes their own songs.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Please don't stereotype people who like metal as ****tards; ****tards like a lot of different types of music, don't let them bring down the whole genre with them.
we call those people dumb. there are dumb metalheads, dumb rap fans, dumb jazz fans, dumb classical fans, dumb electronica fans, dumb white people, dumb black people, dumb old people, dumb young people

so stupidity isn't exclusive to the metal genre, trust me
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by pantera456
Im not.

I love metal.
I like alternative.
I even like some pop punk
I like jazz
I like classical
I like hip-hop
I like experimental stuff
I like punk
I like blues
I like folk
I like reggae
I like ska.
I've even been getting into electronic latey.

this.
not all metalheads are apart of the broad generalization that you just made, and frankly I'm quite offended.

cocksucker.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Quote by CGunn73
Metal=Hard

Most of the the alkali metals are actually very sort
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
Quote by alaskan_ninja
cuz its br00t4lz ololol

ur ***it ass jazz $hit is gay lol

slipnot pwns

you spelled 'slipknot' wrong.

lol :P
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
TS

REALLY?

look, im a metalhead, and to say that metal heads are hard headed, is a stupid and VERY general label to put on millions of people.

you obviously haven't ever sat down and talked to a "metalhead" off of this forum
me, and MANY other people like metal, we also know music theory and accept other genres of music.

not only accept, but enjoy, for ive seen the rolling stones 3 times, and have practically every Beatles album released
oh, and ive seen trivium 4 times
so instead of bashing a stereotype, stop stereotyping yourself by saying metalheads are THIS
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
I hate how this accusation is made. I am a metalhead and im ussually vested in denim and you hardly ever see me without a band shirt. I love metal it is MY favorite and rules upon all other genres in MY opinion but appreciate alot of other typse also the metalheads who act like your description are ussually junkies and douchebags

Not hard headed! Hard Br00talz!
Quote by edgeyyz
It's like everyone's getting laid and I'm the only virgin...

Quote by Nunwhxre 666
I now dub thee, Fapking.

Bow down to the Fapking!

Shoop Group!
a friend of mine thinks that
he hates everything that doesnt uses high gain, screams and double bass drums
more than being a metalhead, he is an idiot
Hola.
Quote by freedomdeceptiv
you can suck it if you think thats how we think. most metal incorporates elements from other music like jazz and classical. you cant make such a lame generalization about all metalheads because of some perpetuated false stereotype. your the one whos closed minded.

EDIT: you have every reason not to like metal btw, im not gonna bash on anyone for what they like (unless its something like fall out boy, then i lose all respect for you)

Go to the metal forum. It is how most of them think.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Yeah, when I meet metalheads I try not to talk music w/ them. They always tell me a bunch of metal bands and when I ask about anything else they tell me they don't listen to it.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Quote by EchoxOath

Not hard headed! Hard Br00talz!

That is all I'm going to be known for... ever...
Who cares anyway? If these "metalheads" want to ignore the beauty that is Jazz, like George Benson, then let them. They'll be the ones missing out, meanwhile making tickets to his shows more available for me.

Its a win/win situation mate. Don't hate it, appreciate it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Page 1 of 2