I currently have the Dunlop Jimi Hendrix signature wah pedal and every time I use it I just feel like something is missing and the range isn't as wide as I'd like, even for Hendrix songs. So what I want to know is if the Dunlop 535q wah is worth getting as a replacement or is there an even better pedal out there.

I'd mainly be using it for Metallica, Pantera, GnR stuff.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
I love the sweep on my 535Q. It depends alot on what filter range you have it set for. On the bassier ones the higher notes don't sing so much, but the lower ones are really big and deep and vice-versa for the higher settings. It was a major improvement over my Crybaby Original. Plus I love screwing around with different tone settings.

EDIT: By all means, stay away from the Zakk Wylde sig. The Dimebag sig is good, but its really about the same as the 535Q, just more $$$. I'd avoid any signature wahs, most of their components are the same as the regular ones. Check out the Ultimate Wah thread, it helped me a ton.
Last edited by Quinlan at Jul 18, 2009,
yeah the 535q is very versatile. it's kind of a jack of all trades. it's great if you don't need a specific type of wah sweep, but rather if you need a good adjustable sweep from really shallow to sharp and quacky.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Quote by Quinlan
I love the sweep on my 535Q. It depends alot on what filter range you have it set for. On the bassier ones the higher notes don't sing so much, but the lower ones are really big and deep and vice-versa for the higher settings. It was a major improvement over my Crybaby Original. Plus I love screwing around with different tone settings.

EDIT: By all means, stay away from the Zakk Wylde sig. The Dimebag sig is good, but its really about the same as the 535Q, just more $$$. I'd avoid any signature wahs, most of their components are the same as the regular ones. Check out the Ultimate Wah thread, it helped me a ton.

535 is quality, but there aren't neccessarily "bassier" settings, just ones with a wider contour sweep, or "Q" (the bandwidth that actually does the moving, not the overall frequency range of the pedal... that's a constant).