Ok recently i have heard the new song from Chicken Foot ("Oh Yeah!") and the new song from Def Leppard ("C'mon") and i just dont get it. I'm a big fan of Def Leppard (but not so much Sammy Hagar and Satch) and i just find these new songs from legend rockers that just seem so cliche and generic. I'm sure they have made other new ones that are not as generic as these but i dont understand why these songs get the most attention (More so "Oh yeah"). Anyone else feel like these songs seem rushed or even just made by a generic young rock group?
i think theyre f*cking awesome
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Seamorebutts......

Sea more butts....

Oh, i get it. It's "see more butts"

Anyway, def leppard is definitely not the same def leppard from 20 years ago. These old rocker guys can't exactly pull off the sound they had back in the 70's and 80's.
Sail upon the open skies
they tend to do this, they grow up, metallica will never have that thrash sound of ride the lightning and now look what they have done, generic metal or if can call st anger and death magnetic metal
Yeah i understand they cant go back to their "sound" but i just dont understand how they are getting so much rep. with some of these songs. I know it probably has some to do with the fact that they have already made a name for themselves. I just dont adore the new songs like alot of fans do.
Quote by SeamoreButts667
Yeah i understand they cant go back to their "sound" but i just dont understand how they are getting so much rep. with some of these songs. I know it probably has some to do with the fact that they have already made a name for themselves. I just dont adore the new songs like alot of fans do.

it has EVERYTHING to do w/ that.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
when I got wind of the collaberation of musicians in chickenfoot, I thought "hmmm"? But when I heard it on the radio it was terable, so popish, and unoriginal. I can't even stand to listen to it. The satch was the only reason I even cared at all but that was just low ... the satch at his lowest and sammy hagar at his norm, S**ty.

Van Halen all the way... not van hagar. Wow these dudes are just trying to cater to the clueless people out there that don't play music, and have no idea what makes music music. I sometimes refer to them as nickelback fans,
sorry it's true.
^its people like you that befuddle me. sure, its main stream standard stuff, but just because youre a musician, your tastes and opinions are right, and the rest of the general public is wrong?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Well, they're all stuck in the 80s trying to make their old music relevant.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by xaviergray
Good bands have a limited supply of good ideas. Just look at Pink Floyd, once Waters left, they pretty much went to sh!t.

Wut.