What are the main difference bettween the Bugera 333 and 333XL. Heres what I know:
333XL has a Noise-Gate, 333 dosn't.
333XL has XL Switch, 333 dosn't.
333XL has High & Low Gain Input, 333 only has Input.
333 has 6l6 tubes, 333XL dosn't.
What difference does this stuff make? Should I get the 333 or would it be better to pay the extra money and get the 333XL?
Last edited by eighttroy19 at Jul 18, 2009,
If you have the money, get the 333XL unless you are wanting a modern-american tone. The main difference is tone, the 6L6's will sound more modern and american, where as the EL34's will sound more vintage and british.

If you play Modern Metal (Metalcore, Melodic Metal, Hardcore, Death Metal, Metal in general), I would suggest getting one of the 62** series amps instead.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
If you have the money, get the 333XL unless you are wanting a modern-american tone. The main difference is tone, the 6L6's will sound more modern and american, where as the EL34's will sound more vintage and british.

If you play Modern Metal (Metalcore, Melodic Metal, Hardcore, Death Metal, Metal in general), I would suggest getting one of the 62** series amps instead.

Well I play Metal to but thats not all i play, I play Alternative, Hard/Rock to so Ill go with either the 333 or 333XL.
Quote by AmericanParadox
you can change the tubes for either 6l6's or EL34's. Did you know it?

Yeah I did, but ive never changed tubes before, so I dont know how...and I dont want to have to pay to get new tubes/get someone to put them in. I think Ill be happy with the stock tubes in the 333XL-212.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77

what tubes does the 6262 series have? cause i got an awesome metal tone out of my mates 333XL (i use an ESP horizon)
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by roosoh13
"Ok folks, our in flight movie will be a series of sex tapes your parents have made"

Quote by coryklok
I'd hit that like Carmel hits the ban button.
Last edited by maximus69er at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by maximus69er
what tubes does the 6262 series have? cause i got an awesome metal tone out of my mates 333XL (i use an ESP horizon)

I think 6L6 but im not sure, check HERE.
Last edited by eighttroy19 at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by sixstringmunky
which Bugera would be best for Nevermore?

god damn, can anybody on this site do a little research on there own before asking UG
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
god damn, can anybody on this site do a little research on there own before asking UG

i do research, but i can never decide, i know Jeff Loomis uses the ENGL Special edition, but would any of Bugeras be able to emmulat that sound, i dont know anything about tubes or stuff of that nature when it comes to amps and effects, all i know is what is in my guitars and how to make them too
dont get the 212 .if you get the head you can latetr invest in a good cab maybe a harley benton v30 212 from thommann
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
the 333xl is british voiced because of its EL34s the 333 is american with 6l6s

the 6262 and 6260 have 6l6s too
american voiced amps will nearly always have 6l6s

umm they may be able to replicate a similar sound an ENGL
any of them could really there all high gain amplifiers probably not the XL as well though as its british voiced
don't forget, the 62XX series can have thier tubes switched to EL34's if you so desire
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by hans the lefty
dont get the 212 .if you get the head you can latetr invest in a good cab maybe a harley benton v30 212 from thommann

I dont need a huge amp for my room..and that would cost more.
The noisegates quite useless in the 333xl but the presence knob which ISNT on the 333 is useful.

I have the 333xl but i put in 6l6s to get that darker tone.

Get the 333xl, you can always change tubes later but you cant add the presence knob, xl switches AND what essentially is the option for 2 inputs at once.
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
Quote by henza_x
The noisegates quite useless in the 333xl but the presence knob which ISNT on the 333 is useful.

I have the 333xl but i put in 6l6s to get that darker tone.

Get the 333xl, you can always change tubes later but you cant add the presence knob, xl switches AND what essentially is the option for 2 inputs at once.

Did this make a big difference in darkening your tone? Right now I find my stock 333xl to sound quite bright and lacking in lower mids. Does this help to add any palm muting chunk to the crunch channel? What tubes did you retube it with? I'm considering getting the 6l6 retube kit from eurotubes.