Not really. Those genres typically have american voiced amps like 5150, framus cobra etc. get a bugera 6262.
lol im not buying it. the dude we are trialing out for bass in my band used to play guitar and said since i dont have a big enough amp for gigging so i was like sure. and yea might just run a distortion pedal through it then.
Chuck Shuldiner of Death used one if you like his tone you might like it
"Guitars are toys for me, too much fun all the time."-Paul Gilbert

Gear:
Homemade Mahogany Guitar with SD humbuckers
Carvin Legacy VL100 Head
Carvin Legacy 2x12 Cab with V30s
Line 6 Pod X3
Quote by ec50playa
lol im not buying it. the dude we are trialing out for bass in my band used to play guitar and said since i dont have a big enough amp for gigging so i was like sure. and yea might just run a distortion pedal through it then.

could you rephrase?
marshalls arnt known for getting a lot of bass behind them for metal, so people usually have them modded or have pedals running into them to get that "ballsy" tone. of course your everyday marshall is basically that vintage tone most people think of,but if you eq right you can get metal,but nothing thick&tight like you want.itll be brittle&loose from a marshall.get some sort of an overdrive pedal or an extra eq pedal to help you in the mix of everything,if you go the eq route,push the bass on it,and i dont know if your a mid guy or not,but if not,cut them,i am,so i keep mine high&get that sort of mid metal plain sound,and just barley put your treble there,just mess with it in general to get your sound.if you go the OD pedal,check out your options,research which would be best to add that metal oomf to your sound.
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Quote by ChromaKey21
could you rephrase?

the new bass player in his band is lending it to him to use.

Private in the 7>6

Quote by punkMETALskater
the new bass player in his band is lending it to him to use.

lol thats it.
yea its no biggy i have a effects unit which i made a pretty sick distortion on. I made it on the otheer guitarist in my bands unit as well. ill have a muck around with it when i go there next. does anyone know anything on hartke half stacks.
ahh,well as long as you dig the sound of it,thats what counts,right?
&hartke, cant help you there man,i dont know much of them,never played them. sorry.

Private in the 7>6

ok cheers anyway. Its just that the guitarist in my friends band picked up a brand new hartke half stack for 600. It's only 60 watts but that is still enough for gigs and practise even if you do have an xtremely loud drummer.
no idea man, but for around 600 bux,you can get a peavey valvking combo amp or even buy the head if you can find a cab for cheap or free and they are 100 watt.check out ebay for good deals on stuff.i have a craet blue voodoo head,the 60 watt model,man i love this thing.i payed 250 for it.cant beat a great tube head for that.i cant believe crate stopped making them.look around ebay,your local craiglist,and your local music shops for good deals on used stuff,its always the best when it works.

Private in the 7>6

The Valvestate will do metal better then the Valveking.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
i was just suggesting things for if he wanted to buy a new amp.why spend 600 bux on something thats ehhh and solid state im sure,when you can get something a lot better than that.im not trying to preach tube,because not everyone likes it.just preaching good deals.

Private in the 7>6

If the valvestate is not a combo, use the cab and get a used 5150/6505.
Gear :

Ibanez RG2570 (has yet to post pics)
Crap Wal-Mart guitar that came in a 70 buck starters pack.
Marshall MG15, I know
Quote by punkMETALskater
i was just suggesting things for if he wanted to buy a new amp.why spend 600 bux on something thats ehhh and solid state im sure,when you can get something a lot better than that.im not trying to preach tube,because not everyone likes it.just preaching good deals.

Some solid state amps are superior to some tube amps.

Valvekings aren't the greatest sounding amps, there's lots of better sounding amps, tube or solidstate or modelling, for $600. Especially if you go used. Valvekings are muddy and loose, they're not a tight sounding amp, this alone is likely to make it not very well suited to deathcore or metalcore.

What's the model name of the Hartke?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
no.
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by STABxYOU
Some solid state amps are superior to some tube amps.

Valvekings aren't the greatest sounding amps, there's lots of better sounding amps, tube or solidstate or modelling, for $600. Especially if you go used. Valvekings are muddy and loose, they're not a tight sounding amp, this alone is likely to make it not very well suited to deathcore or metalcore.

What's the model name of the Hartke?

umm im not sure, i know what it looks like so ill dig around on the net and get back to ya with a link or something. what about an ibanez TBX150H head and maybe a randall or marshall cab.

link for the ibanez head http://www.ibanezguitarcentre.com.au/Amplifiers/TONEBLASTERXRange/tabid/570/Default.aspx
that wont do metalcore/deathcore :/
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
crap, whats your budget?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
ummm 600-800 AUSTRALIAN dollars. The reason australian is in caps lock is because everyone says ohhhhhhhh u could get a far better tube amp than that ****ty ss one. No i cant i live in austtralia and the cheapest tube amps that would fit my style of music i play cost heaps.
i want a half stack btw. i dont really care if it isnt flash bang wicked. i can always upgrade the headlater in life when funds allow.
no, you cant afford a halfstack that is decent, go with the bugera it is miles ahead of ANY halfstack in that price range.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by ec50playa
i want a half stack btw. i dont really care if it isnt flash bang wicked. i can always upgrade the headlater in life when funds allow.

considering a decent set of speakers is nearing 500 bucks that doesn't allow for much of a decent head. therefore go with the bugera combo amp
not even used.. aus used market is pure crap
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
whatever dude, just get it.

why come here asking for advice when you're just gunna ignore it?.. i suggested you a very good amp but whatever.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
look. i obiously don't know anything bout amps and i give off some suggestions not knowing if theyre any good. sure u suggested a very good amp if be but i was just putting more options on the table. so take a ****in chill pill.
take my advice,

buy the Bugera.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
take my advice,

buy the Bugera.

Agreed. And that Randall halfstack is absolute sh!te. The Bugera is by far the best bang-for-buck you'll get.

Any particular reason you'd prefer a halfstack?
cool factor
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
im not the op
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.