so im getting bored with all the generic chugga chugga breet bands out there anymore and was looking for more tech stuff to listen to. most of the bands from sumerian records (veil of maya, the faceless, born of osiris, after the burial) really get me hard, but i cant seem to find much of anything else like this without getting either too grindy or too deathy. any suggestions?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
You want tech death metal without death metal?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Jul 18, 2009,
Have you checked out Conducting From The Grave? They aren't extremely technical let alone technical death metal, but still amazing.
Camilla Choads.
Last edited by Pretty_Much at Jul 18, 2009,
Imo, I think it's quite the opposite. Once you move from away from the groove-based and/or 'core influenced tech death, you get spagetti twiddles everywhere.
Arsis might interest you, as well as !T.O.O.H!. Oh yeah, you should definitely try out Martyr, Quo Vadis, and I guess if you wanna count Cynic as tech death.
Most Canadian **** is on point, regardless of genre.
Beneath The Massacre
Necrophagist (really aren't heavy at all)
Glass Casket
Between The Buried and Me
Impending Doom (they're have quite a few time sig changes)
My Bitter End

From looking at the bands you mentioned, I would recommend heading over to the Hardcore forum, as they might be able to give you a list of bands you would enjoy more.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
best bet, Necrophagist

Gojira..if you want just technical metal, (i refuse to call it tech death, whoever labeled them that should be boned)
Maybe messuggah (did i spell that right) thorendal FTW!!!
If you want to get laid, go to college,
If you want education go to a library

-Frank Zappa-
Quote by shadowsoldier08
so im getting bored with all the generic chugga chugga breet bands out there anymore and was looking for more tech stuff to listen to. most of the bands from sumerian records (veil of maya, the faceless, born of osiris, after the burial) really get me hard, but i cant seem to find much of anything else like this without getting either too grindy or too deathy. any suggestions?

Gorod.