Hey everyone, I'm about to buy a 30w combo, and I've narrowed it down to two in my price range...

The Vox AD30VT with the VFS5 footswitch, or the Peavey Vypyr with the Sanpera I footswitch (if I could afford the Sanpera II, I think I would definitely go with that option, but I can't, so I came here for opinions.)

Any information or opinions you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated. I just want a good sounding, versatile combo amp, with good tones and plenty of effects. I also want to be able to switch channels so I definitely need a footswitch, I'm just worried I might not be happy with the Sanpera I.

So again, any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Hey hellraiser, with my experiences with both of these amps i found that i absolutely hate the Vypyr.
To me it sounds really digital and kinda crappy.
Vox VT's are really nice though. I can get all kinds of nice tone outta my friends vox. Really metal to like sparkling clean stuff. I say with 100% of my knowledge and exp, go with the VOX dude. You won't regret it.

Best of luck.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Hey hellraiser, with my experiences with both of these amps i found that i absolutely hate the Vypyr.
To me it sounds really digital and kinda crappy.
Vox VT's are really nice though. I can get all kinds of nice tone outta my friends vox. Really metal to like sparkling clean stuff. I say with 100% of my knowledge and exp, go with the VOX dude. You won't regret it.

Best of luck.

Thanks a lot....I've only played the vox but i've seen a lot of rave reviews for the vypyr, and it also has a loop which I would really like. Your comment has me leaning towards vox now, but I would still like to hear some opinions from people who have used them with the footswitches and hear their thoughts on their functionality and ease of use before I pull the trigger.
Last edited by hellraiser1133 at Jul 18, 2009,
i have not used one with a footswitch, but i was using my friends vt30 for a month and i really liked it. i have not used a vyper, but i have never had an issue with something from vox.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
thanks forstring, making me lean further towards the vox...

Still looking for someone who's used either the VFS5 footswitch with the vox, or the Sanpera 1 (not 2) with the vypyr!
What styles of music do you play?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
What styles of music do you play?

I play anything from light, soft, bluesy stuff like John Mayer, to Disturbed and Metallica, so I want to make sure I have some versatility.
Quote by hellraiser1133
Hey everyone, I'm about to buy a 30w combo, and I've narrowed it down to two in my price range...

The Vox AD30VT with the VFS5 footswitch, or the Peavey Vypyr with the Sanpera I footswitch (if I could afford the Sanpera II, I think I would definitely go with that option, but I can't, so I came here for opinions.)

Any information or opinions you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated. I just want a good sounding, versatile combo amp, with good tones and plenty of effects. I also want to be able to switch channels so I definitely need a footswitch, I'm just worried I might not be happy with the Sanpera I.

So again, any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hey mate I've got an AD50VT and I'd heavily vouch for that. It's a great amp - good for all genre's from blues/jazz to thrash and a bit of hardcore!!! Not to mention it's dead cheap.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hellraiser1133
thanks forstring, making me lean further towards the vox...

Still looking for someone who's used either the VFS5 footswitch with the vox, or the Sanpera 1 (not 2) with the vypyr!

Sorry to not mention the footswitch its simple and built like an effing rock. hah

The sanpera looks goofy and is not enough of a reason to get the vypyr.

If you like a small bit of modulation or delay on your clean channel the peavey makes it sound all digitally.

100% recommend the vox. You wont regret it.
I would reccomend the Peavey then, it does high gain much better IMO.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan