Are there any pictures of one? How do you think it would sound? I like the sound of LPs, but the feel of strat-type necks.
well those are different types of necks, and i dont see how anyone would put those together
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
True, but I've seen someone put an LP neck on a strat body. Why couldn't they do it the other way around?
LP's necks are fatter. You'd need to somehow wedge wood between the neck to have it fit tight with the body, but slapping an LP neck on a strat, you could just have a luthier cut away the body to accomidate the neck.
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
LP's necks are fatter. You'd need to somehow wedge wood between the neck to have it fit tight with the body, but slapping an LP neck on a strat, you could just have a luthier cut away the body to accomidate the neck.

What about a scaled-down LP Body? Would it still provide the same sound, while not needing that much maintenance?
Quote by POWERMETAL!
why not just get an LP and have a local luthier/woodworker reshape it to match a strat profile?

I could do that, especially since I have a friend who is an amazing luthier. About how much would that cost?
Quote by POWERMETAL!
why not just get an LP and have a local luthier/woodworker reshape it to match a strat profile?

The feel of a Strat neck is as much about the scale length and different string tension as it is about the profile.
he doesn't tell you how he did it, only tells you its a lot of work. after all that, he screwed up the neck angle and it doesn't play. a pro can do it but the kid in that thread cant.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
you could do it with the warmoth strat angled necks
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
Les Pauls have set necks (traditionally) with big tenons. People may disagree, but a big part of the les paul sound is the set neck. Strat necks are bolt on necks. These are not designed to be glued in.

And if you have an "amazing luthier friend" surely he could change the profile of your neck to one closer to a strat for rates mates. It seems kind of pointless posting here when you could just ask him.
Warmoth could build a pretty good representation. or you could get a mahogany strat and put humbuckers in it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i've seen someone who had a strat neck on an es-335 so i don't see why you cant do it on a les paul.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I have gone 1 way and put a warmoth conversion neck on a strat. It had the feel of a LP due to the scale but it certainly didnt sound like a strat anymore, didnt sound like a LP either due to the bolt neck and body wood. Going the other way wont get you feel of a strat w LP tone either. Part of a LPs tone comes from the scale length, part comes from the set in neck, part from the woods used. You take an LP make it a bolt neck w the longer strat scale it may play like a strat but it wont sound like an LP.

Doesnt mean it wont work in that you cant physically put a strat neck in a LP shaped body, warmoth makes em and Ive seen plans for a LP body w bolt on strat neck pocket. You just cant change most of what makes an LP sound like an LP and it still sound like an LP
Last edited by Tackleberry at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by Raxef
True, but I've seen someone put an LP neck on a strat body. Why couldn't they do it the other way around?

Really, wow i was thinking of making a guitar with a LP neck and a Strat body, so, where did you see that?
i did a telecaster with a les paul neck. i dont get what the problem is, if your building it, doit how you want.
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
from scratch, no problem. from bits, you'll run into problems. importantly scale length. get your friend to build you one at mate's rates.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x