I want to use my 4 ohm head for cleans sounds, and my 16 ohm head for dirty sounds, but i want to run them into one head. Would I be able to plug them both into a cab like this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IS412C-4x12-Cabinet?sku=480947#used (not this exact head, but just as an example) and use a boss line selector to switch between heads? would plugging both heads into the same cab into the 2 inputs damage either the head or the cab? the heads are both tube heads if that matters
Now don't quote me, but I think you could put them through an A/B switch as long as you don't plan on running both at the same time.

Hopefully someone that knows what they're really talking about will come in here though.
i think this is the only question of UG in the GG&A that nobody can answer
nobody ever thought of it, TS ur a genius!!
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder
i think this is the only question of UG in the GG&A that nobody can answer
nobody ever thought of it, TS ur a genius!!

What? I gave him the answer. It's simple. You use an amp switcher that will match the loads when it's going through to the speaker, like the Weber I linked to.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
sry man, i scrolled too fast and missed ur post
and yeah that would work
i could use that sometime
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by framusmayfield
^^This or This

with both it seems like the impedances have to be equal on both heads. Is that right or am i just reading the info wrong?
you need a tonebone tube head switcher, if u just use an AB box youll blow whichever amp isnt selected
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
Quote by guns_rosesldb
with both it seems like the impedances have to be equal on both heads. Is that right or am i just reading the info wrong?

You have to match impedances of both heads to the cab impedance.
I DON'T PLAY METAL!
Quote by AC/DC4EVA
you need a tonebone tube head switcher, if u just use an AB box youll blow whichever amp isnt selected

+1

But the tonebone is really expensive, but it' probably the only way of doing what you wanna do TS