Well i recently got an amp and i thought my gain button was messed up. But i tried the amp with my friend squier and the gain was perfect. The only thing i get from the emgs on the amp is a clean tone (which sounds pretty good for emgs) on the gain channel. Does anyone know why i cant get the emgs to work on the gain channel.

the amp is a b-52 at 212 and the emgs are zw set with 18 mod

is there anyways to test out emgs with a multimeter?
batteries. Did the guitar work with the previous amp?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by eatmyshade
yea it did
also replaced the batteries

another question. Did you do the 18v mod or any other mods before or after you bought a new amp?

Also, are your batteries insulated with foam or electrical tape? (just because)
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
well i put the pickups in myself and when i was doing mod i wired it incorrectly and fixed but the tried the pickups on a line 6 spider and it sounded good then i got the b-52

yea
Quote by eatmyshade
well i put the pickups in myself and when i was doing mod i wired it incorrectly and fixed but the tried the pickups on a line 6 spider and it sounded good then i got the b-52

yea

well take a pic and someone can look at it. I'm not good at looking at a pic of wiring and pinpointing mistakes.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
dont have a camera =\
but i had a repair guy look at it before and he said it all looked good

im not sure if the mistake of the 18 volt mod could of affected something like reverse polarization or might be a faulty pots so i was wondering id i could test it with a multi meter
18volt mod is hard to screw up >< Maybe cable??? Or your output jack is messed up. If it works on one guitar but not the other, jack and cable is all i could think of besides battery.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
My EMGs did this when i first hooked them up and it was because of a loose wire. check your solders. its possible one couldve come loose at the ironic time of getting a new amp.
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
edit: sorry, super lag double post.
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
Since you don't have a camera can you draw up a driagram on your computer showing how you wired it and post it here? Once we confirm it's wired correctly we can start testing the pickups, pots and switches to see if they're working properly.
Quote by eatmyshade
Well i recently got an amp and i thought my gain button was messed up. But i tried the amp with my friend squier and the gain was perfect. The only thing i get from the emgs on the amp is a clean tone (which sounds pretty good for emgs) on the gain channel. Does anyone know why i cant get the emgs to work on the gain channel.

the amp is a b-52 at 212 and the emgs are zw set with 18 mod

is there anyways to test out emgs with a multimeter?
Squier pickups don't have all that much output.
If EMGs aren't lighting things up, there's definitely something wrong.

Try raising the pickups closer to the strings.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Squier pickups don't have all that much output.
If EMGs aren't lighting things up, there's definitely something wrong.

Try raising the pickups closer to the strings.

SYK is right. EMG's need to be closer to the strings than passive pickups do. I doubt that's the problem though. They would have to be really far away from the strings to sound clean on the gain channel. They would still have some gain.