Sup UG. So I'm gonna be living in a freshman dorm and was wondering how I can keep a guitar in my dorm room without taking up too much space. It's gonna be pretty tight most likely, so I was thinking under my bed if there's room or on a wall above my bed if we don't stack the beds into a bunk. If I decide to hang it on the wall, how can I go about doing that? I don't think they'll allow nails or screws, so I was wondering if there's some way to mount it... I'm not gonna trust suction cups with my guitar(s).
I currently only plan on taking my classical guitar, but i might bring an electric or acoustic. So the wall mount should support at least 5 pounds.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
just buy a ukelele. You will get more chicks with that anyway.

Guitars in dorms will end in tears...they will hate you playing all the time or it will get broken and you will accuse everyone or it will get nicked.
Tape.
But seriously, double things up. Use the case as a coat hanger. Saves space.
Gear :

Ibanez RG2570 (has yet to post pics)
Crap Wal-Mart guitar that came in a 70 buck starters pack.
Marshall MG15, I know
electric is smaller than an acoustic, and is less annoying to people when you play it unplugged. there was some loud indie-type kid who lived on my floor last year and i felt like telling him to quiet down so many freaking times.

i brought my electric with a soft case and it fit in the closet on the side.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I was able to have an electric my year in freshman dorms fairly easily, just have a small amp WITH A HEADPHONE JACK. You can play unplugged a lot and no one will complain, and there'll be times you can play plugged in out loud and no one will care, but having a headphone jack is invaluable imo.
Damn. Wasn't thinking about other people in my dorm lol. Well I'll play outside then or something. I must have my classical on campus :p
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
I know what you mean about that. I barely got through these 2 weeks without my guitar.

Anyway, I use one of these little fold up guitar stands, they're real small and with a guitar in it, probably takes up about a square foot of space. Maybe thats a bit too much, and there's the possibility of it getting broken, so I'd suggest bag under the table.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Wow this almost seems like a pit topic .

Anne Frank it in a secret closet?

You mean in a cellar behind the bookshelf? In that case, give it a diary so it can write about its lonely days without being played D:
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
You mean in a cellar behind the bookshelf? In that case, give it a diary so it can write about its lonely days without being played D:

Precisely!

I swear someone should sig that. Just now I realized how legendary that comment has the potential to be. Should've been in the pit .
I have the same problem. Im bringing a stand and putting it in my closet and putting behind my clothes so people dont screw with it. I dont think you will have any problems, but yeah, bring a case.
HSC -> Stand it up in a closet
My Gear
Marshall MG10 + Digitech RP350 multi-fx
Dean ZX
B52 AT-100
MXR 10-Band EQ Pedal
ESP LTD KH-Ouija Sig