alright my guitars about 2 years old and all of the sudden whenever i go up the the 11th to about 17th frets my guitar maes a horrible scratchy noise but its only one the distortion and my guitar also has a tone switch so when its on the low setting u cant hear it on most of the frets.

originally i thought that maybe the string is hitting a fret but i checked it out and thats not the problem so im thinking that the pick-ups are shot but i wanna hear from u guys. my guitar is a Slammer by Hamer ( i know its a peice of crap) and i got a Roland cube 15 so if u guys have suggestions even on sum good replacement pick-ups if needed
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Try a friend;s guitar in your amp or you guitar in someone else's amp. That will tell you which is causing the problem.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by bass-man9712
alright my guitars about 2 years old and all of the sudden whenever i go up the the 11th to about 17th frets my guitar maes a horrible scratchy noise but its only one the distortion and my guitar also has a tone switch so when its on the low setting u cant hear it on most of the frets.

originally i thought that maybe the string is hitting a fret but i checked it out and thats not the problem so im thinking that the pick-ups are shot but i wanna hear from u guys. my guitar is a Slammer by Hamer ( i know its a peice of crap) and i got a Roland cube 15 so if u guys have suggestions even on sum good replacement pick-ups if needed

Is it like the sound file in my profile? Mine did that a week ago on the twelfth fret, then on the 13th. Mine was only on the high E string. You could only hear it on distortion also. It was like a rattling noise. It was from my neck being slightly bent. I took it to the shop and got the truss rod adjusted and its good now.
Is it like the sound file in my profile? Mine did that a week ago on the twelfth fret, then on the 13th. Mine was only on the high E string. You could only hear it on distortion also. It was like a rattling noise. It was from my neck being slightly bent. I took it to the shop and got the truss rod adjusted and its good now.

YES thats the noise! i had my truss rod recently adjusted so i didnt think that was it, im going to go and have them adjust it correctly/ look at it but seriously thanks alot man, i havent been able to find anyone with this problem
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
YES thats the noise! i had my truss rod recently adjusted so i didnt think that was it, im going to go and have them adjust it correctly/ look at it but seriously thanks alot man, i havent been able to find anyone with this problem

Well I guess check to make sure the neck isn't bent, cause I don't think this is a coincidence. If it's fine then its probably the frets.