I noticed that everyone on here starts a thread called "new guitar day" when they get a new axe, so I'm starting one since I got a new one yesterday.

I bought another Jackson DX10D. I already had one but I think they're great and when I saw they were making them in hot pink I had to have one at all costs. The hot pink ones are kind of hard to come by for some reason though. Jackson doesn't even have the DX10D in hot pink listed on their site. It's only listed on their price lists.

I got one off eBay from some music store but they didn't pack it very good and when it arrived it had a big chip in the side and a big dent in the bottom. I was bummed but called the one local Jackson dealer in my area and he had one. He wanted 600 for it but when I told him they're only 479 online, he came down to 450.

Anyway, here it is. My wife thinks it's fugly and I started thinking that maybe not that many people are into flourescent colored guitars and that's why theres not that many around. I grew up in the 80's though and I'm a hair metal maniac.

Pics are kinda crappy but my camera died and I only have my phone.

Nice guitar
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Why does it have a neck pickup?

U ARE DOIN IT RONG

seriously though, HNGD
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Dude. It's beautiful. I've wanted a pink guitar for the longest time. Especially one like this

or a Pink Charvel San Dimas 1 with original floyd.
#%#@$^$%#&#$
haha, i've got a DX10D too. Mines one of the firestorm models they used to make with the boost circuit.

I really like the neck on mine and its so much better now with the new pups and bridge i put in
Quote by azn_guitarist25
looks very good but why no pr0n on the monitor? you dissapoint anyway HNGD

Well, I got a warning the other day for calling John Mayer a homo in a thread someone started about him, so I figured I better watch my P's & Q's.
Quote by Rick540
Well, I got a warning the other day for calling John Mayer a homo in a thread someone started about him, so I figured I better watch my P's & Q's.

For some unknown reason I laughed really hard at this post...

HAPPY NEW GUITAR DAY!
Last edited by RunawayKaren at Jul 18, 2009,
DX10Ds are SWEEEEEET. i love mine to death, i have the amber sunburst.

gotta love that huge electronics cavity, great for my little projects

hngd!
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
That packing comment reminds me when I ordered a guitar and amp online.

The guitar came only in a case with some bubble wrap, and the amp came in...nothing D:
Only lots, and lots of bubble wrap.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by Rick540

Anyway, here it is. My wife thinks it's fugly and I started thinking that maybe not that many people are into flourescent colored guitars and that's why theres not that many around. I grew up in the 80's though and I'm a hair metal maniac.

Sweet guitar, I like it.

You aren´t alone in liking the bright guitars, here´s my flourescent beauty:

you guys make me want to get another DX10D to paint it neon green.

damn you
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Do it!

Then if we had that guy with the yellow RG post here we would have a nice rainbow.
So you returned the one bought from ebay and took another directly from a local dealer?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I'll have the blue ish one
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
damn, I'd kill for a bright pink or green 80's bc rich or kramer.
That jackson looks sweet! (get rid of the neck pickup though )
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
i love it
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Love the DX10D! Mine has held up damn well, even after being like the 3rd owner. That floyd just lasts and lasts.
Beautiful color man. Makes me want to go out and search for another one of these guitars. Price wasn't bad either, congrats.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by hminh87
So you returned the one bought from ebay and took another directly from a local dealer?

Yeah. Since I only play Jacksons, from now on I'll probably just deal with the local guy since he can pretty much give me the same prices as you'd get online. At least that way I can see it first and don't have to worry about it getting damaged in transit.
Quote by Vlasco
Do it!

Then if we had that guy with the yellow RG post here we would have a nice rainbow.

i think i may do it with a strat build instead, i can get a nicer strat for cheaper if i build it than i could for spending $400 on a dx10d.

though.. that's redonkurous, i payed i think $280 for mine lightly used.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by Rick540
Yeah. Since I only play Jacksons, from now on I'll probably just deal with the local guy since he can pretty much give me the same prices as you'd get online. At least that way I can see it first and don't have to worry about it getting damaged in transit.

Of course it's always better to be able to feel the instrument beforehand. Glad for you to have found a local dealer with good prices.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R