I've been experimenting with my GE-y, (Sweet Pedal, BTW) I was wondering, if you use it, what type of a setting do you use, and what type of music style do you play? I play mainly hard rock, (Wezzer, Metallica, Rise Against), and use the Bass "V" Pattern scooping the mid range down, but I try a lot of others as well, I was curious as to what some other users do.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
GE-7 was a tone sucking fizz monkey when I tried it.

On my EQs though I tend to boost a bit around 200-300hz and around 4khz and I cut below 70hz and above 12khz.
WTLTL 2011
About the only Boss pedal you'd ever see on my board are:

CE-1
CE-2
modded SD-1
modded Blues Driver
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
You're scooping your midrange for Weezer and RATM? Weezer is now hard rock? Do you have ears?

In all seriousness, the GE-7 is like most other Boss pedals: overpriced when you buy them new and not always as good as other, cheaper pedals. They make some great ones but the GE-7 is pretty weak.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I appreciate all of you sharing your opinions and , ahmm, "settings". I suppose I'll jsut tinker a bit more. Thanks for the lesson in what is and isnt hard rock, I had no idea.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204