Ok so i'm in a cover band ... I'm the rhythm guitarist and singer.

My dilema is my amp. I bought a peavey rage 258 at a swap shop for 40 bucks. it's 25 watts and i got it cuz I needed something right away to do rehearsals with.

Its not a great amp i know .. So i'm saving for an amp that i like. My drummer who is also a guitarist told me that i should get a line 6 flextone 3 amp.. Only thing is that i don't want a modeling amp.

I went to guitar center and they have a peavey valveking 112 that i really like. I saw it on ebay used for 350. Its a 60 watt tube amp and i never played a tube before but i tried this thing out and i was blown away . Now i also have tried a Krank rev Jr as well and thats 20 watts and thats pretty nice sounding too. Alot more expensive tho.

So i'm stuck because i only want to buy one amp but i want it to be a good one and last me a long time . We play hard rock. Metallica .. Ozzy.. Motley Crue. Etc. ..

I don't want to spend alot of money but i will if it's necessary. I don't know alot about the Peavey amp .. I like that its portable and loud. I know the Krank is portable too but for gigs i don't know if it will be loud enough..

What do u guys think.?
Also i play an Ibanez art 300 with the active pups . I'm thinking of getting rid of my Digitech RP350 pedal and just go with a footswitch with maybe a couple of stomp boxes.

Thanks for ur Help.

Tony
GETCHA PULL MUTHAFUKA!!
i dunno about the Krank rev jr, but the valveking is amazing, and should be good for metallica and the other things u guys play.
and if u want to sell ur RP350, the peavey will do just fine, just crank it up, and crank up the gain, u should get a pretty good distortion
if u dont like that just get a pedal (Ibanez tubescreamer or Digitech bad monkey) and boost it
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
The Valveking is not a good amp and will not last you a long time without some costly upgrades. Mine lasted less than 3 months.

The Flextone is better and more flexible. Besides, the non-Spyder Line 6 stuff is damn good.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I prefer the sounds of B-52 and Bugera but those are known to be somewhat less reliable.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-AT-112-60-Watt-1x12--Tube-Combo-Amp-103733606-i1170731.gc

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BUG333212

The Krank rev is nice, but it will only be loud enough if the places you gig at will mic it up.

If you can get one I would personally grab a peavey 5150 combo.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by bubb_tubbs
The Valveking is not a good amp and will not last you a long time without some costly upgrades. Mine lasted less than 3 months.

y? wats wrong with the Valveking??

bear in mind TS that u wont be able to get a 5150 unless its used, u could try the 6505
its basically the newer version on the 5150
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Last edited by soloXshredder at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by soloXshredder
y? wats wrong with the Valveking??

****ty speaker.
Needs an EQ pedal and overdrive to tighten its loose and flabby bottom end.
Needs new tubes.
There are better amps for the money.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Mark G

The Krank rev is nice, but it will only be loud enough if the places you gig at will mic it up.

20W? I'm gigging with an 18-watter now and in a packed-out bar I've never had it past 4/5 on the volume. The Rev Jr should be fine for a covers band playing the pub/club circuit.