Okay, so I've got a neuroma (swollen nerve/tumour) in my 3rd fingertip which makes it impossible to use my 3rd finger for playing guitar. Docters say its permanent.

I'm trying to build my own fingercap ( Toni Iommi style) but they all suck. Any ideas for how to make one?

The most effective cap I made was by using latex finger gloves (aka midget condoms). I put one on, superglued a piece of leather on the tip and then covered it with another glove. Its fine for just playing single notes but I cant slide, bend, play chords, hammer-on or pull off.
The main problem with making them is that the padding has to be quite thick so that I dont press down on the fingertip.
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Find the freshest grave at your nearest church, dig up the body and slice off the corresponding fingertip. Glue it to your own finger.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I seriously think that learning to play left handed is the best option. It can be done, but it takes time.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Well Toni Iommi had the tip of his finger missing, you don't, you could get the doctor to cut off the tip of your finger, then you could make caps for it.
Quote by meisjjb@gmail
Well Toni Iommi had the tip of his finger missing, you don't, you could get the doctor to cut off the tip of your finger, then you could make caps for it.

Lol-That thought had actually crossed my mind (never seriously cosidered it though- )

the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Quote by breadstick
I seriously think that learning to play left handed is the best option. It can be done, but it takes time.

The thing is I played guitar for like 3 and a half years, 6 hours a day (crazy I know-but I was dedicated)-I got pretty good. I would never be able to reach the same level left handed cos I just dont have the time anymore-having to start work and everything...
Plus all my guitars are right-handed.

try lubricating the leather
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
How did Tony Iommi have his made? You need to ask him.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Jacek.W
The thing is I played guitar for like 3 and a half years, 6 hours a day (crazy I know-but I was dedicated)-I got pretty good. I would never be able to reach the same level left handed cos I just dont have the time anymore-having to start work and everything...
Plus all my guitars are right-handed.

well i bet alot of that time was spent learning theory and stuff, now you only have to train your fingers which shouldnt take nearly as much effort. just do some finger exercises and before you know it youll be doing fine.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .