I just downloaded Reaper the My Drumset plugin but I'm having some problems with one of the steps in the guide below.
Quote by Skater901
Ok, for all those having problems with My Drumset, I went and asked on the REAPER forums and I shall now write a quick guide with all the information I got from there.

First thing to do, go to your REAPER folder and then go to Plugins then make a new folder called VST and extract the .dll files to there.

Now, make a track in REAPER. Go to FX and choose the category VSTi. The My Drumset plugin should be in there. Add it as an effect to your track........
I've followed all the steps up to the part in bold. When I create a new track and click on FX the only things in the VSTi category are:

VSTi: ReaSamplOmatic5000 (Cockos)
VSTi: ReaSynDr (Cockos) (4 out)
VSTi: ReaSynth (Cockos)
put the plugin file on desktop... then click 'fx' on track, and go to options... make sure that the read directory is desktop, and then file should appear... i figured this out yesterday!
Quote by ankthebank
put the plugin file on desktop... then click 'fx' on track, and go to options... make sure that the read directory is desktop, and then file should appear... i figured this out yesterday!

It'd be better to have a folder assigned for VSTs rather than the desktop
You like it
1. make a folder on wherever you want and name it something like VSTplugins.
2. Go to preferences in reaper
3. Browse for the folder.
4. click ok
5. Restart reaper
6. enjoy
Ok I've followed your advice and got the plugin working, but is there a way to EQ just the bass drum and not the rest of the drums? I've recreated the "Scarified" beat but I would just like the bass drum to have more of a thud.