Haha, I finally got a call from my shop to pick up something I've been needing really badly for the past 4 months.

I'm not by any means, a pedally creative guitarist. I can't play like the Edge with a thousand and one pedals, multifx, rack units and everything else to make a sound. I'm pretty happy to have a dry signal go into my amp and let the distortion magic happen there for my tone.

Of course, every now and again, who doesn't get the urge to thicken up their sound with some modulation, or slap a OD unit to tighten up the bottom end. At the very least, everyone needs a tuner. Unfortunately, those pedals suck power... really severely.

So today I got this little red box...

A T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr to help deal with the power guzzlers.

Neatly packed with plastic within.

Cables came in a mess though. No instruction manuals too... then again, its pretty much plug and play.

The unpacked unit

5 X DC-to-DC cables 50cm

1 X voltage doubler cable that doubles the voltage from 9 volt to 18 volt (one of the key selling points of this unit compared to the regular Fuel Tank Classic)

1 X link cable (daisy chain) with 5 DC plugs

5 X DC-to-DC cables 25cm

annnnd the 4 pedals I bought the Fuel Tank Jr to power... the Pitchblack and the OCD didn't really eat power for breakfast, but the delay demanded a new 9V every week, while the Red Witch Empress had to be changed every 3 weeks. So much so that I couldn't really enjoy using the Empress as much as I would have liked to, and the delay was rarely used.

Plus, I have never tried the OCD in 18 V mode, I heard its magical. I can't wait to try it.

Couldn't afford the PedalPower 2... it costs 3 times the price of the Fuel Tank Jr... plus the Fuel Tank Jr serves my needs just fine, the PedalPower had more features and outlets than I need.

Not exactly an exciting new pedal, but it is exciting for me. No need to spend a fortune on 9Vs anymore and hum free operation from the isolate outputs. I can leave my chorus on forever and ever and ever and ever.

Apologies for the slightly large and grainy photos... I only have a camera phone, don't own a camera.

EDIT: Ohh and I just realised, its my 1,00th post.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jul 18, 2009,
HNPD!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Nice pedals.

HNPSD!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
You have some really awesome pedals. How's the Echobox?

HNPD!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
that 18v converter must be pretty convenient. hnpsd!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Congratz!!!! I ordered a 18v for my OCD i'll have it Monday and can't wait!! HNPD
Quote by stradivari310
You have some really awesome pedals. How's the Echobox?

HNPD!

Quote by nightraven
nice stuff! loving the echobox

Heh, thanks guys.

Yeah, you rarely see the Echobox around UG. Its a really nice delay unit, and rarely heard about.

Its essentially a digital delay that's voiced to sound analog. I think it does a really neat job. Due to its analog dealy, its not ideally suited to the brootalz or to song which need identical digital repeats like U2 songs.

Its really warm and nice. You get the analog sound, but with the digital precision of most digital delays. It replicates the echos identically to the original signal, but when it decays, you get that analog decay characteristic. Its really easier if you tried it, its quite hard to describe.

I think its a pretty cool sound, but not suited to everyone's taste. For my use, its perfect. I mainly use it for my classical, Chinese pop or rock songs which tend to need an analog sound anyway, so its cool.

Also unlike a lot of other delays, it allows you to dial in both the number of repeats and the time between repeats. For me, that's plenty versatile.

Also included in the Echobox is a chorus effect that's added to the delays, giving it a deep shimmer, pretty cool. The 2 dials vertical on the left most affect the time and speed of the echo. When its dialed in correctly, the chorusy echo can be pretty haunting because of the digital replication of the signal.

Its a true bypass pedal. However, if you want the echos to decay naturally after switching off the pedal, the little flip-switch in the middle disengages the true-bypass, routing the signal through the circuirty so your echos will naturally die off after you stomp the pedal off.

Depending on your perspective, the Echobox can be either a one-trick pony or a very versatile pedal. Its limiting in the sense that you get 2 echo voices (the normal delay or the delay with the chorus effect). However, the dials allow you to affect almost every aspect of those 2 echo voices, and that's what makes the EchoBox very versatile.

For me, I don't need 101 differently voiced echos (ping-pong, hall, rotating etc etc). I just need a sweet echo and the ability to affect every aspect of that echo. So for me, the EchoBox is a very versatile unit.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jul 18, 2009,