My school's music program always has showcases and I always play instrumentals for them, cuz everyone seems to enjoy it... What I do is I take a song I want to learn, learn the notes of the vocal melody, and then adapt it to the guitar.

I figured instead of choosing the next couple on my own, I'd ask UG for some opinions... Normally, for the instrumentals, I play classic rock songs.. For example, I've played Sweet Child O Mine by Guns N Roses, Beth by Kiss, and Knockin On Heaven's Door (my own version, not really like G'N'R's version or Bob Dylan's version) to name a few.

Any suggestions would be great
not really a Mab fan but in his :tribute to randy rhoades" he plays parts of the vocal melody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhzWIqP6Wt0&feature=PlayList&p=94F3747563D3F6E5&index=0&playnext=1
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
If you're into the beatles then you could try some of their stuff. A lot of george's solo's are the vocal melodies anyway so your job will be that much easier
Quote by Nietsche
If you're into the beatles then you could try some of their stuff. A lot of george's solo's are the vocal melodies anyway so your job will be that much easier

that's true. and its pretty easy to change Beatles song to fit my own style