I'm leaving for the beach in a bit and I wanted to bring down my Breedlove acoustic but I was concerned that the moist air might make it rust. I'm not too concerned about the strings because I can obviously replace them. But would the electronics and other metal parts be ok? BTW I'll only be down there for a week.
If its onshore breeze from salt water its pretty bad for anything electronic. 1 week should be ok though, just keep it in the case when you don't play it.
take extra care to clean her before you put her up EVERY TIMe. Oh and bring a case humidfier. Salty air would dehydrate it pretty badly
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by TechnoLp
take extra care to clean her before you put her up EVERY TIMe. Oh and bring a case humidfier. Salty air would dehydrate it pretty badly

I don't think salty air can do that... I don't think there's even such thing as salty air. When salt water evaporates, the salt is left behind.

In fact, you'll probably have more to worry about from the guitar soaking up too much humidity, though in only a week I wouldn't worry.

Aren't Breedlove's hella expensive? Why not bring something cheaper to the beach and keep your guitar away from the salt, sand, and people with too many margaritas?
Last edited by Blaster Bob at Jul 18, 2009,
Yes, I live in salty air. Its not from evaporating, its blown into the air from the onshore wind. Everything has a layer of salt, like my windows. I have the AC on always though so its too dry in my place really.
Quote by Blaster Bob
I don't think salty air can do that... I don't think there's even such thing as salty air. When salt water evaporates, the salt is left behind.

In fact, you'll probably have more to worry about from the guitar soaking up too much humidity, though in only a week I wouldn't worry.

Aren't Breedlove's hella expensive? Why not bring something cheaper to the beach and keep your guitar away from the salt, sand, and people with too many margaritas?

Salt draws the moisture out of things thats why its used to cure meats... tan leather... etc It would do it to wood too.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.