Hi

Which of thes two pickup sets should I go for???

Lace Holy Grails

Fender Hot Noiseless

I want a really versatile sound, so anything from clean fnky stuff to hi-gain John Frusciante style stuff. And my guitar is a MIM Fender Stratocaster.

whichever one you vote for, can you tell me why you voted for it?

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.
The hot noisless definetly, my guitar teacher has that pickup, it is amazingly versatile. He can play metal off it, and blues, and country, and even funk when he tought me a funk song. All of that one pickup. However, it isn't particularly strong in any area, he uses it because of how strat sounding and how versatile it is.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
I wouldn't go for either

I would go for

bridge pup - Dimarzio HS-3
middle pup - Dimarzio HS-2
neck pup - Dimarzio YJM

IMHO it kicks the crap out of all the fender pups and lace sensors
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
I wouldn't go for either

I would go for

bridge pup - Dimarzio HS-3
middle pup - Dimarzio HS-2
neck pup - Dimarzio YJM

IMHO it kicks the crap out of all the fender pups and lace sensors

I have to agree, but I would get something other than the Malmsteen set. I haven't really heard much good about either of those. I would look into the Fender Noiseless SCN pickups. Dimarzio has some good noiseless ones too. The Areas and the Cruisers are very good.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I have to agree, but I would get something other than the Malmsteen set. I haven't really heard much good about either of those. I would look into the Fender Noiseless SCN pickups. Dimarzio has some good noiseless ones too. The Areas and the Cruisers are very good.

have you played them at all?

they are actually very good pickups and sound great. Even though Malmsteen plays/uses/endorses them, they are great for practically every style

Also Eric Johnson used to endorse the HS-2.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
have you played them at all?

they are actually very good pickups and sound great. Even though Malmsteen plays/uses/endorses them, they are great for practically every style

Also Eric Johnson used to endorse the HS-2.

His '54 still has them in every position.

TS:

From what I've read up on, those two pickups take away a lot of the overall strat tone. If you're getting them because they're noiseless/reduce noise, there are a lot of options other than those.

The Dimarzio suggestions were good. There is also those Area 61 sets and stuff, I've heard those on a strat at my music store and they sound very similiar to the Fender CS69s, very twangy, but they also are very quiet pickups.

You could also buy normal pickups, 54CS, 69CS, 54/62 (Doesn't John use those? Heard he did), and just shield your pickguard to reduce the noise.