ive been looking for compressors, and ive pretty much narrowed it to the boss cs-3, mxr dyna comp, and mxr super comp. I've heard the dyna comp has issues with excess noise, but how does that compare to noise from the other two? Also, I was reading a review on the dyna comp, and one guy said it has an internal noise gate that you can get to if you take off the back http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M102-Dyna-Comp-Compressor-Pedal?sku=151101 (its the review with the title lets get this straight....) If any of you have ever had or used a dyna comp, is this true and if so does it fix the noise issue? Also, is the super comp much of an improvement from the dyna?

i just found the line 6 constrictor too. its got a build in noise gate control which seems pretty cool.
Last edited by guns_rosesldb at Jul 18, 2009,
ive had the Dyna Comp for years now, and yes it does make a hell of a lot of noise BUT you can take the back off like the guy i the review says and turn a little screw to the left and the hissing will go away completely!, so yea id defiantly recommend the Dyna Comp.
I want details on this "Little Screw" deal.

The Dyna Comp does make a lot of noise but if you keep the sensitivity knob at a reasonable level ( about 11'oclock or so) the noise isn't really an issue. much after than and a noise gate would have to kick in.
Sig What?
does the dyna comps noise become an issue when you combine it with distortion or just when you have it set with a clean channel?
have you checked out the Visual Sound Comp66? Its a tweaked dyna comp copy and is supposed to be very quiet right out of the box. it goes for $100 musiciansfriend.com

I've never known VS to make a bad product
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce