so I was looking at BC Rich's site and found that between the Outlaw PX3 and Outlaw PX3T is a 100 dollars difference and just because the PX3T comes with an "OFR". Woods, neck type, pups, blah blah, are all the same, the only difference is the OFR

PX3
http://www.bcrich.com/outlaw_px3.asp

PX3T
http://www.bcrich.com/outlaw_pxt3.asp

so is this really an OFR? I mean, it should, but maybe quality isn't that good in just this speficic model or maybe is made out of different type of steel, iron, or idk what

does anyone know anything about this OFR?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's the sound of Satan himself ripping through the electronics in the guitar....

It's a pinch harmonic, dude.
Its a good one and worth the $100 IMO

If it says OFR, then its original and awesome.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jul 18, 2009,
it will be a korean ofr but an ofr none the less so still awesome, im planning on getting a bc rich gunslinger next as its also very cheap but with an ofr and maple neck.
Quote by stephen_rettie
it will be a korean ofr but an ofr none the less so still awesome, im planning on getting a bc rich gunslinger next as its also very cheap but with an ofr and maple neck.

are you sure about that? i always those were called floyd rose 1000 or something.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
are you sure about that? i always those were called floyd rose 1000 or something.

The Gunslinger and Gunslinger Retro have both OFRs, according to BC Richs's site
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's the sound of Satan himself ripping through the electronics in the guitar....

It's a pinch harmonic, dude.
Quote by CesarRoks
The Gunslinger and Gunslinger Retro have both OFRs, according to BC Richs's site

ya i know but i was more questioning him saying they were korean ofr's.
Quote by CesarRoks

he was referring to the korean OFR's being FR1000.

EDIT: beaten
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
made in korea, these are the same as german or american ofrs, just made in korea.

the frt1000 and such like are actually different from the ofr im pretty sure.

Edit: actually shut my mouth. I think its illegal to advertise it as an OFR unless its german made, or they could make a really bad one in like indonesia and still call it an OFR. SO! it must be a german schaller made Original Floyd Rose.
but even if im wrong its still a sweet ass Floyd for cheap.

Edit2: ya the frts are still really nice.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by stephen_rettie
made in korea, these are the same as german or american ofrs, just made in korea.

hmm i've always heard the frt1000 is the korean equivalent of the OFR. and there's no american ofr's just the german ones.
Quote by stephen_rettie

Edit: actually shut my mouth. I think its illegal to advertise it as an OFR unless its german made, or they could make a really bad one in like indonesia and still call it an OFR. SO! it must be a german schaller made Original Floyd Rose.
but even if im wrong its still a sweet ass Floyd for cheap.

Edit2: ya the frts are still really nice.

if i remember correctly, i emailed them about that a couple of years back and they said the OFR was schaller-made, but obviously that could have changed recently.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
When you order a custom guitar from Carvin, it's only $100 more. So I bet that they buy them in bulk, that they make it cheaper
u know since BC rich buys a ****load of OFRs i bet they get some sort of discount...catch my drift?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR