I've been playing bass for 2 years now. But never had someone to learn me, only me. But im sick of playing tabs thats wrong and so on. I want to learn to find the note by lissening, anyone got any good tips ? And i want to learn som scales
as for the "find the note by lissening" part I'd suggest you simply start doing it.
You like it
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
i learned myself 2
just lissesin for note and you do great
steve vai bass god good yeah super
What?

Anyway TS, studybass.com is where you want to go. It'll teach you loads of stuff about theory, modes, scales, chord tones etc. Knock yourself out .

And about finding the note by listening, that will just come with practise. Try tabbing some simple songs yourself. This website, while not specifacally for bass should help you train your ear to recognise intervals between notes better and make listening out for what to play easier.

EDIT: Also, if you can, get a teacher - this will help you no end in your bass playing.

stratkat
Last edited by EuBoat at Jul 18, 2009,
type in bass scales, there are a plethora of helpful websites.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Here's two suggestions--

If you can, get a teacher. Even a few weeks of sitting with a teacher can pay off immensely and push you in the right direction.

Two--if you can't afford a teacher, get a good solid instructional book such as Hal Leonards bass method or Mel Bay's bass books. They'll get you started in the right direction, teach you basic music theory and technique.
Thank you very much

And right now im playing "Higher grounds" by rhcp but i can't get the good slap sound. I have a Epiphone t-bird (Not original strings). What settings should i have on the sound ?`Like treble and that?
you won't really get it with that monster, but I'd suggest soloing the rear pickup.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
But i got my old bass-guitar. Louder sgb 7070 i think, you think i could get good sound with that ?