Could you guys give me a full rundown of what I need to have a complete understanding and technical mastery of in order to be a really great blues guitarist?

Before flaming, please understand what I'm trying to get across here. I understand that it's likely to take years of hard work, and that I shouldn't expect to get everything/anything mastered really quickly. What I AM trying to do is to give myself a long term plan instead of having to poke around in the dark. Have goals to discuss with my guitar teacher so that he can help me get there faster. Etc.
Quote by Tempoe
Emotion.

This is pretty obvious to me... I was really referring more to what general knowledge and techniques are needed.
I couldn't tell you much exactly, but you really have got to learn how to FEEL what you are playing. Also, learn a lot of different picking styles like chicken/hybrid picking I'd say. I don't know much about pure blues guitar playing, but I know the first thing is needed and I'd say the second helps a lot as it does in about every other kind of style.
Work on accurate bends with feeling, good technique is needed to create good emotion. Look at some of the classic blues players and try to get that feeling and sound.
Technically, theres not much to blues playing except for the stuff mentioned above and learning the blues pentatonic. Other technique needed is phrasing, which is a major part of blues, try to get really good at that. Also needed is good bends and vibrato and hybrid/chickin pickin(as mentioned above). I think thats about it. A little shortlist:
Emotion/Feeling
Blues Pentatonic
Good Phrasing
Bends
Vibrato
Hybrid Picking
Chicken' Pickin
Quote by KeetarPlaya123
Technically, theres not much to blues playing except for the stuff mentioned above and learning the blues pentatonic. Other technique needed is phrasing, which is a major part of blues, try to get really good at that. Also needed is good bends and vibrato and hybrid/chickin pickin(as mentioned above). I think thats about it. A little shortlist:
Emotion/Feeling
Blues Pentatonic
Good Phrasing
Bends
Vibrato
Hybrid Picking
Chicken' Pickin

Honestly, in my opinion you cannot portray your emotions or feelings without proper technique. If you can't play what you want to play as smoothly as you hear it in your head (If you're improvising/playing your own piece) then people will not understand what you're saying through your guitar.

Also, you don't have to stick to pentatonics. If it were me, I wouldn't strive to be the best blues player I can be, I'd strive to be the best guitarist and musician I can be.

To add to people's little lists of things you need.

Slides

I've heard a lot of blues guitarists use slides, whether it be Hendrix, BB King, or Clapton. It's really awesome to use when ending a phrase or transitioning to another. Also work on Trills, pulls offs, all those legato works.
Well i know that you need proper technique to portrah emotions and such, I was just stating that there arent many ASPECTS of technique to be a good blues player. But you need to really get the types of technique that are needed down well. Sorry if I didnt explain that well
Technique-wise, you have to get really good at your bends and vibrato, plus fast little legato runs to connect things together.

There's a very distinct phrasing to the blues. Learn lots of material by the classic blues players - Hendrix, BB King, SRV, and so on.
I would start with bends and pentatonic and blues scales in all the positions on the neck I would start with the Am,Em,&Bm
My Gear

Schecter Gryphon with Seymour Duncan JB Bridge and Jazz Neck PU's
Fender Superchamp XD Amp
Bad Monkey Pedal
Using a slide, awesome expressive tool.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.