Ok i searched for a Mad Season thread and found nothing. Anyone else have or listen to their c.d. "Above"? Its down right amazing. I got it last christmas and it is now one of my all time favorite albums. For those of you who dont know what it is, it is a supergroup formed in the 90's consisting of Layne Staley (favorite vocalist), Barrett Martin,Mike McCready, and John Baker Saunders. Songs like "Wake Up", "Lifeless Dead" and "Artificial Red" blow me away every time i listen. Anyone else a huge fan?
I love them, I just listened to I Don't Know Anything a few minutes ago.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I think theres a thread somewhere, but if not, great band. Only heard one song, really need to get that album already.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
^
I just ordered some cds from amazon earlier today, would have gotten it too if I had enough money. If I don't have it by my birthday in September, ill get it then.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Long Gone Day might be my favorite, but I also really like Wake Up and River of Deceit. The whole album is great, but those are standout tracks to me.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
yeah, especially when you throw Lanegan in there on "Long Gone Day" and Above. Really cool vibe to the album..."November Hotel" sounds exactly like its title.
Great album, Mccready's dark bluesy guitar fit Laynes voice perfectly, this album is in my top ten, from what I understand the two of them along with bassist John Baker Saunders were battling a lot of demons at the time, this may have been the most honest album to come out of seattle. Supergroups like this tend to make awesome music because there is not pressure on them during the writing process. Another thing I like about this album is the lyrics
Doesn't everyone in the world love this album? Not enough Lanegan though.
Barrett Martin is a great drummer too. Good work in November Hotel.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
Barrett Martin is a great drummer too. Good work in November Hotel.

That song is probably one of my favourite instrumentals ever.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
I've got their Live at the Moore show on VHS. It's great, my favorites are Lifeless Dead and Long Gone Day. We miss ya Layne!
I just listened to Above for the first time.

Good album, not mind-blowing but good. I'm sure this is an album that will have to grow on me.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by smb
Doesn't everyone in the world love this album? Not enough Lanegan though.

I find that to be the problem with most things

But yeah, it's a good album.
Quote by Baby Strange
I find that to be the problem with most things

But yeah, it's a good album.

agreed. that guy has such a sexy voice.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by SeamoreButts667
Ok i searched for a Mad Season thread and found nothing. Anyone else have or listen to their c.d. "Above"? Its down right amazing. I got it last christmas and it is now one of my all time favorite albums. For those of you who dont know what it is, it is a supergroup formed in the 90's consisting of Layne Staley (favorite vocalist), Barrett Martin,Mike McCready, and John Baker Saunders. Songs like "Wake Up", "Lifeless Dead" and "Artificial Red" blow me away every time i listen. Anyone else a huge fan?

The album is a work of art, shame they couldn't have made more.