I've been playing guitar since thursday and I think I can use some help from you guys
Anyone can tell me with what should I start? Learning songs or doing exercises i find on internet.Tell me how did you begin playing guitar, it might help

Thank you and sorry for my english
I recommend starting with finger exercises and then chords, learn the basics before getting into songs
if your just starting, i think a teacher would be helpful. everyone wants to be that person who picked up the guitar and mastered it with out a teacher, but it is so much easier with a teacher. yep.
well u dont nesceraly need a teacher as if u find the wrong teacher they will just influence u to stop if they push u to much
what i did when i first started was reading a beginner's book on the normal techniques you will need, and then started playing songs that were easy to learn and remember. you can also try instructional dvds, they are very helpful depending on the author. I recommend the alexi laiho metal guitar part 1 and 2 if you want to play metal. just play songs and practice techniques till everything is second nature man, welcome to the community.
thanks to all of you=) i appreciate your effort and hospitality^^

p.s. sorry for my english, its my 3rd or 4th language:P
Stay away from tabs for a while. Learning songs (in tab form) first is not a good plan.
"His name is Robert Paulson"
Quote by Unlockitall
Stay away from tabs for a while. Learning songs (in tab form) first is not a good plan.

I disagree. tabs can help a beginner to get started pretty quickly, and you notice being able to play something that sounds good pretty quick, but then as you get better and your ear develops kinda stray away from them.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I disagree. tabs can help a beginner to get started pretty quickly, and you notice being able to play something that sounds good pretty quick, but then as you get better and your ear develops kinda stray away from them.

Tabs don't tell where your put your fingers. This leads to people playing enter sandman with only their index finger.
And yes I really did see that a couple of times
I think we were all like that in our first few weeks of playing...
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Bstar-L
I've been playing guitar since thursday and I think I can use some help from you guys
Anyone can tell me with what should I start? Learning songs or doing exercises i find on internet.Tell me how did you begin playing guitar, it might help

Thank you and sorry for my english

exercise first. Start from Amajor scale exercise. when you feel comfortable with that proceed to G major scale exercises. then, F major.

start in 60bpm
Quote by Antis0cial
Tabs don't tell where your put your fingers. This leads to people playing enter sandman with only their index finger.
And yes I really did see that a couple of times
Eh? Tabs tell you exactly where to put your fingers

@TS, a teacher is a good plan if you can afford it and find a good one. Otherwise, I'd go for a combination of exercises and learning simple songs. The whole point of playing is to play music not exercises after all. Use exercises as a warm up, then try playing simple single-note stuff like happy birthday, and once you know a couple of chords learn songs (and make up your own songs) that use those chords.
Quote by zhilla
Eh? Tabs tell you exactly where to put your fingers

@TS, a teacher is a good plan if you can afford it and find a good one. Otherwise, I'd go for a combination of exercises and learning simple songs. The whole point of playing is to play music not exercises after all. Use exercises as a warm up, then try playing simple single-note stuff like happy birthday, and once you know a couple of chords learn songs (and make up your own songs) that use those chords.

Sorry, I ment which finger to put where.....
Quote by raichu016
exercise first. Start from Amajor scale exercise. when you feel comfortable with that proceed to G major scale exercises. then, F major.

start in 60bpm

This leads to a "I have been playing for 2 years and can't play a song" thread.

Start with open chords, learn songs to play with open chords. After that learn barre chords and songs which can learn them. If you can do these you can play ANY song. Start learning basic scales around the same time you start learning barre chords.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud