Hi,

I've had my Blues Junior for about a year now. There's nothing wrong with the sound, but I figure that since I bought the floor model it might not be a bad idea to change the tubes before I go back to college just to be safe.

Any ideas on what tubes will sound best? I play pretty much any genre, with an emphasis on blues and metal.
i don't think different tubes actually change the sound of the amp by that much. im no tube expert though.
Well I'm not necessarily looking to change the sound, I just want to know which tubes will be an upgrade over the stock tubes.
I'm not a tube expert either, and I have yet to change the tubes in my Blues Junior, but I would take a look at JJ tubes. I've heard good things about them, and that seems to be what most people recommend.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
JJs are good EL84s and they're cheap. That's what I used before I picked up some NOS tubes. I don't really think the NOS ones are a lot better TBH.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Yeah, may not be a ton better, but as far as more expensive equipment goes and people that are searching for an extremely vintage tones, NOS is the way to go. Also, I believe NOS tubes generally last about 10 years or so. Definitely worth the money from what I hear.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60