I know there is a thread about vinyls. But that thread is just about posting what your collection consists of. I want to make a new thread to see who all is addicted to vinyl collecting. I'm 18 and have recently become addicted to collecting classic vinyls. I started collecting when i was about 15 when i recieved my first record player, but have just recently seen a growth spurt in my addiction. I dont know why but i feel like i need to go out and search everyday at my local book store for classic vinyls. Once i find a vinyl that i know of in the stacks of vinyls at the store i selfconsciously grab it and hold on as if to protect it from another buyer looking to steal it from me lol. I love the sounds of vinyls and just get such a great feeling while listening to them. I feel like its the real thing and like i have a piece of history in my hand. I dont feel the same about c.d.'s unless it is an album that was first released on c.d. such as say "Nevermind". I have now even turned to craigs list searching for albums i feel i need to have. Also i feel like i have begun to like bands i used to not necessarily care for, like Iron Maiden. I used to just think they were ok, but now i really want to get some of their vinyls and just rock out.

So basically, is anyone else addicted to vinyl collecting? More specifically, is anyone of a young age that did not grow up in the "vinyl" times but feels an addiction to owning and collecting them?
*raises hand*

Except I'm a broke college student without a job, so I don't buy them very often.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Personally, i dont, but i have friends who buy them from the flea market every weekend.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
I always tell myself that I'm going to walk into my vinyl store to just hang out and check out the newest records they have found.

I always end up walking out with 3 to 4 vinyls in my hand and 30 to 50 dollars poorer.

Finding one of the vinyls on my list of "Must Own" is always a momentous occasion. I have also hyper-ventilated upon finding the numer one on my list.

My name is Seryaph, and I have a vinyl addiction.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Yeah the feeling of finding one of the "Must Own" vinyls is an amazing feeling of accomplishment.

My name is SeamoreButts667 and I too have a vinyl addiction.
The Vinyl thread is for all stuff concerning vinyl, I only keep posting new stuff I buy to bump it in hope to get some decent conversation started

And for the record( ) I'm 15 and i collect vinyl, mostly original pressings of old stuff.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Last edited by ScottB. at Jul 18, 2009,
I've always wanted to get Tool's Lateralus on Vinyl. That is my must and only own.

Of course, anything that's classic like The Wall is definitely on that list, but i kinda need a record player first
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Sorry ScottB for making this thread, i thought yours was just about posting what everyone has. But I'm a fan of your thread regardless.
Quote by JacobTheMe
*runs into wall of text*

This.

But then I read the last part and decided to raise my hand ever so slightly...as I only have two records on vinyl....

But I will have more....one day...
Quote by SeamoreButts667
Sorry ScottB for making this thread, i thought yours was just about posting what everyone has. But I'm a fan of your thread regardless.

nah we cool, just making sure that you got what my thread was about
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Yeah, but I don't have much money so most my purchases are old and pre-owned. Still you can't argue with a classic album for £2 from a record fair.
Quote by kaptink
Yeah, but I don't have much money so most my purchases are old and pre-owned. Still you can't argue with a classic album for £2 from a record fair.

You certainly cannot, and 8/10 times, the original is better than a remaster (assuming it's been looked after reasonably well)
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by SeamoreButts667
I know there is a thread about vinyls. But that thread is just about posting what your collection consists of. I want to make a new thread to see who all is addicted to vinyl collecting. I'm 18 and have recently become addicted to collecting classic vinyls. I started collecting when i was about 15 when i recieved my first record player, but have just recently seen a growth spurt in my addiction. I dont know why but i feel like i need to go out and search everyday at my local book store for classic vinyls. Once i find a vinyl that i know of in the stacks of vinyls at the store i selfconsciously grab it and hold on as if to protect it from another buyer looking to steal it from me lol. I love the sounds of vinyls and just get such a great feeling while listening to them. I feel like its the real thing and like i have a piece of history in my hand. I dont feel the same about c.d.'s unless it is an album that was first released on c.d. such as say "Nevermind". I have now even turned to craigs list searching for albums i feel i need to have. Also i feel like i have begun to like bands i used to not necessarily care for, like Iron Maiden. I used to just think they were ok, but now i really want to get some of their vinyls and just rock out.

urdoinitwrong
this really should be in the vinyl thread.. but I do love your name TS..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

i've just recently started collecting vinyl, at 13 albums at the moment, but i'll have more soon hopefully
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
I hope to start collecting vinyl, but I don't have a record player
However, my aunt gave me her copy of Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Quote by thelurker
urdoinitwrong

The Bookstore is the closest thing around that have a vinyl section. I'm going to venture in Dallas soon to find real good stores.
I recently found the Pink Floyd motherload, at this place called Forever Young. I like collecting them, but I wouldn't say I'm addicted.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
this discussion can go in the other thread. it's about vinyl in general.
from daylight...
...into darkness