I like all the distortion and everything on my TSL602, but I might want to boost it some. It barely gets into Metallica range. I like the distortion in general, but I sort of want a little more punch to it for some metallish sounds, along with stronger palm mutes when I have the pedal on...

Now I believe some of the main boost pedals I have heard about are a TS808, TS9 but I think they boost the mids a ton which I don't need?, and I think I heard from someone that a SD-1 works really well with marshalls for a good low end. Which one of these suits my needs the most, or are there other ones that are better? (I know these are the common ones).

I usually play RHCP, Sublime, and alternative/punk which the amp is good for, but I do hard rock/metal sometimes. Like Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, nothing more than that is what I'd need it for. I know I can use a distortion pedal but my amp is just out of the range I want so I kinda want to get that to work.
mabye just get an EQ pedal. raise the level a bit and shape the tone you want. or just an mxr micro amp...that would work too.
I would suggest a Fulltone OCD if you don't want the mid-bump that the TS has.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by mergapoot
Keeley modded TS9, its the TS9 without the mid hump and the muddyness.

I'll look into these. Whats a good price for one used, or is it better to buy direct? Also, is the true bypass worth the extra $$ or does it not color your tone a lot normally?
True bypass is nice, but a good pedal without true bypass will sound just as good. Boss stuff has terrible bypass. The ISP Decimator's bypass is great, no coloration. I can't hear any coloration in my OD808 either.
Quote by mergapoot
Keeley modded TS9, its the TS9 without the mid hump and the muddyness.

ok i agree with the ts-9 giving a massive mid boost, but it isn't muddy. have ever even used one? if anything it makes your tone brighter not darker.
I've been looking into it (reviews and such), I think the Fulltone OCD is best for my needs, as it doesn't boost the mids as much and I saw some people say its good for enhancing your rhythm tone. If I can find somewhere to try it out I guess I will.
Quote by JayLacelle
mabye just get an EQ pedal. raise the level a bit and shape the tone you want. or just an mxr micro amp...that would work too.

This is a good idea. And imo the TS9 isn't that muddy.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.