Stand by, then after a little while you turn it on
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
^Yes, you'll need to wait 20-60 seconds depending on the amp. Some amps warm up more quickly than others.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by I am wet
Stand by, then after a little while you turn it on

I'm getting a tube amp soon and was told to turn on the power, wait thirty seconds, and turn the standby off. Which is correct?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
its turn on the standby, wait 20-60 seconds, then turn on the power and turn off the standby
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Yes, you turn the power switch on and then then flip the standby switch to on.

What he's saying is first you turn the amp on in standby then you turn it on all the way.

To clear any confusion:

First flip the power switch to on

Next Wait 30 seconds or so

Last flip the standby switch to on.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
There's been a lot of misguided information in this thread so far. You're going to first start off with your power off, and your standby switch facing the exact same way as the power switch. Unless your amp's standby is backwards or something. You will then switch the power on, and wait about 30 secs or so and then flip the standby so it's the same way as the power. Usually I kick my amp on, then make sure everything is set up the way I want, tunings, pedals, etc and then I just flip the standby. By then it's usually been anywhere from 30 secs to 3 mins, which is plenty of time.

When you kick the standby switch the same way as the power, you should have sound. If you don't, kick it the other way. If you have sound now, you need to have the switched opposite of each other when doing what I described. Also, when I turn off my amp, I do it in reverse order. It's not going to help the amp cool down since the heaters are still on, but it gets the amp ready for the next power up. Some amps don't have standby switches, such as my Blues Junior. I generally just unplug the cable from the amp whenever it's off or it's warming up. In that case, I turn it on, do my order, then plug my cable into the amp.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Last edited by Shiromar at Jul 18, 2009,
Quote by Shiromar
There's been a lot of misguided information in this thread so far. You're going to first start off with your power off, and your standby switch facing the exact same way as the power switch. Unless your amp's standby is backwards or something. You will then switch the power on, and wait about 30 secs or so and then flip the standby so it's the same way as the power. Usually I kick my amp on, then make sure everything is set up the way I want, tunings, pedals, etc and then I just flip the standby. By then it's usually been anywhere from 30 secs to 3 mins, which is plenty of time.

/thread

all other post fail