the more you do it the more your fingers well get used to it and then it will be fine
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Tapping is the best way to better your fingers for tapping..think about it. If you wanted to become better at football you wouldn't play rugby, you'd play football.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Yep, just lots of practice. I also use my strongest finger (middle), not just because it's the strongest, but also because that allows me to keep the pick in it's normal grip between my thumb and index finger - so I can transition more easily in and out of the tapping part.
Yeah, i hold my pick too and try to use the other 3 fingers to tap. When i dont hold the pick i put my thumb on the neck like EVH, but i think that hinders movement but you can mute the other strings.
Quote by se012101
Yep, just lots of practice. I also use my strongest finger (middle), not just because it's the strongest, but also because that allows me to keep the pick in it's normal grip between my thumb and index finger - so I can transition more easily in and out of the tapping part.

I just bite down om my pick whenever I play a tappin part in a song its kinda hard but I can't tap and hold my pic at the same time