Question for a friend I can't think of the answer to.

Three-humbucker Firebird, three-position switch.

Does each position pick a different bucker', or does it turn all three on in the middle position?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by Ghold125
Each position should be for each pup

this
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
there are 3 pickup les pauls wired bridge/middle - middle - neck/middle. It may be wired that way, it really depends, I'd check the wiring, I'm not really that familiar with Firebirds.
Quote by al112987
there are 3 pickup les pauls wired bridge/middle - middle - neck/middle.

I thought that was only Peter Framptons

And yeah, but you could had a rotary switch like Jimmy Page, or had a mini switch to turn on the middle pickup or whatever to get more options.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Is it a Firebird VII? If so it should be bridge/middle, all, middle/neck.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Depends on the exact model, year and brand. Epi made a three humbucker Firebird for a while which had their normal Custom bridge/middle/neck switching. On the other hand Gibson have amde a couple of three-pickup Firebird models over the years, which have had bridge/all/neck wiring, bridge/middle/neck wiring, bridge/bridge and neck with a pot to blend in the middle/neck, etc etc etc.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I have a 3 pick up SG Custom that is wired bridge/middle, all, middle/neck, with a volume control for each pickup and a tone knob. Yours may be the same way.
Quote by minchew
I have a 3 pick up SG Custom that is wired bridge/middle, all, middle/neck, with a volume control for each pickup and a tone knob. Yours may be the same way.

mine also does that. i've also seen an epi G-400 custom very much like mine except it had 2 volume and 2 tone controls... i think the additional tone control was actualy just a mislabelled volume pot though.

it depends entirely on the guitar though. i'm not sure how the switching on 3-pickup firebirds works.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.